Our student athletes would not be where they are without the help of our amazing alumni. We have several ways for you to get involved.
- Become a Mentor: Meet with a student athlete in a matching professional industry to provide advice, guidance and support as they progress through their time at Rice
- Time commitment: Varies. Alum and student-athlete may email or meet face-to-face based on availability.
- Host a Career Information Session: Bring your company to our department by talking to our undergraduates about your company, what types of positions are available, how you got to where you are, a day-to-day breakdown of your profession and answer any questions about the recruiting process for your company.
- Time commitment: 60 minutes (typically evening sessions are preferred based on your availability).
- Provide Job Shadowing/Internship Opportunities: Our student-athletes have demanding schedules that often don't always offer the opportunity for a 40-hour a week internship. If you are able to host an student-athlete for a day or provide a six-to-10 week part-time internship opportunity in the summer, we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, hosting a career information session or providing a job shadowing/internship opportunity, please complete the following form or contact Director of Student-Athlete Development Lauren Cavallaro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ip’s NCAA Run Ends in Round of 16
05/27/2016 - W. Tennis - Once again Rice’s Katherine Ip found herself in a third set of a match in the NCAA Women’s Singles Championship, but unlike the...
Four Owls Named to C-USA All-Academic Team
05/27/2016 - W. Track - The Rice Owls women’s track and field team landed a conference-leading four student-athletes on the C-USA All-Academic Team, the league...
Karakolis Earns C-USA All-Academic Team Honors
05/27/2016 - M. Track - Just one day removed from earning CoSIDA Academic All-District 7 honors, Rice senior javelin thrower Evan Karakolis was named to the C-USA All-Acad...
Five Owls Compete at NCAA West Prelims
05/27/2016 - W. Track - Rice senior thrower Claire Uke will enter Saturday in second place in the women’s hammer throw at the NCAA West Prelims following a throw of ...
Rice Defeats FAU 6-4 Thursday To Stay In C-USA ...
05/26/2016 - Baseball - The Rice baseball team rallied for the game-tying run in the ninth inning, pushed across two scores in the top of the tenth, and then held-off a...
Ip Rallies Late to Earn All-American Status
05/26/2016 - W. Tennis - Katherine Ip stared down elimination and responded with wins in four consecutive games to upset Georgia Tech’s Paige Hourigan in three sets...
Bennett and Warren Fall in NCAA Opener
05/26/2016 - M. Tennis - Rice juniors Tommy Bennett and David Warren started fast but Tennessee's Jack Schipanski and Luis Valero rebounded to advance in the opening round ...
Apolinario Added to Volleyball Coaching Staff
05/26/2016 - W. Volleyball - Rice head volleyball coach Genny Volpe announced on Thursday the hiring of Ariel Apolinario as the newest assistant coach on the Owls staff.
- Top Videos /
- Online Store