Our student athletes would not be where they are without the help of our amazing alumni. We have several ways for you to get involved.
- Become a Mentor: Meet with a student athlete in a matching professional industry to provide advice, guidance and support as they progress through their time at Rice
- Time commitment: Varies. Alum and student-athlete may email or meet face-to-face based on availability.
- Host a Career Information Session: Bring your company to our department by talking to our undergraduates about your company, what types of positions are available, how you got to where you are, a day-to-day breakdown of your profession and answer any questions about the recruiting process for your company.
- Time commitment: 60 minutes (typically evening sessions are preferred based on your availability).
- Provide Job Shadowing/Internship Opportunities: Our student-athletes have demanding schedules that often don't always offer the opportunity for a 40-hour a week internship. If you are able to host an student-athlete for a day or provide a six-to-10 week part-time internship opportunity in the summer, we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, hosting a career information session or providing a job shadowing/internship opportunity, please complete the following form or contact Director of Student-Athlete Development Lauren Cavallaro at email@example.com.
Swim Team Announces Upcoming Schedule
07/28/2016 - W. Swimming - A total of 13 regular season meets, including four on-campus at the Aquatics Center, highlight the new 2016-2017 schedule for the Rice Owls swim team.
Uke Nominated for NCAA Woman of the Year Award
07/27/2016 - W. Track - Recent Rice track & field alumna Claire Uke (Cedar Hill, Texas) was named a 2016 Woman of the Year Honoree, as announced by the NCAA on Wednesday.
Filip Selected to Compete at 23rd Annual Thorpe...
07/25/2016 - M. Track - On the heels of a 10th place finish in the decathlon at the U.S. Olympic Team Trials in Eugene, Oregon, Rice junior All-American Scott Filip will...
Volleyball Earns AVCA Team Academic Award
07/25/2016 - W. Volleyball - The Rice University volleyball team received the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) Team Academic Award for an eighth consecutive...
Catching Up With 'Lo' The Pro
07/24/2016 - W. Soccer - Former Owl soccer standout Lauren Hughes (2016, Will Rice College) began playing professionally in Iceland after graduation. Here's a recent Q & A ...
Boys of Summer Ball; Weekly Update
07/24/2016 - Baseball - Rice baseball players are staying busy this summer playing in a host of collegiate leagues across the country. Here's a weekly look at the Owls'...
2016 Home Football Game Times Set
07/22/2016 - Football - Fans of Rice Football will have equal opportunities to watch the Owls during the day or at night in 2016 as the Owls have released their start...
Lee Named Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-America...
07/22/2016 - M. Golf - Former Rice men’s golfer James Lee was named a Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-America Scholar, announced Thursday by the Golf Coaches Association ...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store