Our student athletes would not be where they are without the help of our amazing alumni. We have several ways for you to get involved.
- Become a Mentor: Meet with a student athlete in a matching professional industry to provide advice, guidance and support as they progress through their time at Rice
- Time commitment: Varies. Alum and student-athlete may email or meet face-to-face based on availability.
- Host a Career Information Session: Bring your company to our department by talking to our undergraduates about your company, what types of positions are available, how you got to where you are, a day-to-day breakdown of your profession and answer any questions about the recruiting process for your company.
- Time commitment: 60 minutes (typically evening sessions are preferred based on your availability).
- Provide Job Shadowing/Internship Opportunities: Our student-athletes have demanding schedules that often don't always offer the opportunity for a 40-hour a week internship. If you are able to host an student-athlete for a day or provide a six-to-10 week part-time internship opportunity in the summer, we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, hosting a career information session or providing a job shadowing/internship opportunity, please complete the following form or contact Director of Student-Athlete Development Lauren Cavallaro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zhang Earns C-USA Athlete of the Week Honors
01/17/2017 - W. Tennis - Rice junior Wendy Zhang has been named Conference USA’s first Women’s Tennis Athlete of the Week of the 2017 season after posting an...
Ho and Zhang Spark Owls in Metroplex Finale
01/16/2017 - W. Tennis - Alison Ho and Wendy Zhang picked up wins in singles and combined on a win in doubles to highlight the efforts for Rice on the final day of the...
Mike Rhoades Radio Show Continues Tonight from ...
01/16/2017 - M. Basketball - The Mike Rhoades Radio Show continues tonight at 7 p.m. from the Gorgeous Gael Irish Bar (5555 Morningside Drive).
Owls Win Seven of Nine Matches on Day Two
01/15/2017 - W. Tennis - Lindsey Hodge picked up her second win of the spring without losing a game while Alison Ho and Priya Niezgoda ground out three-set wins to...
Second Half Run Sends Rice to 101-79 Victory...
01/14/2017 - M. Basketball - Egor Koulechov scored 26 points and grabbed 15 rebounds as Rice used a big second-half to stop a two-game skid with a 101-79 rout of North Texas...
Owls Rally Late to Defeat North Texas, 51-49
01/14/2017 - W. Basketball - The Rice Owls women’s basketball team erased a 13-point third quarter deficit to capture their first C-USA victory of the season with a 51-49...
Owls Open With Sweep
01/14/2017 - M. Tennis - Jake Hansen and Eric Rutledge won twice to lead an effort that saw contributions from the entire lineup as the Rice men’s tennis team opened ...
Hodge and Zhang Lead Owls on Day One
01/14/2017 - W. Tennis - Lindsey Hodge and Wendy Zhang each one in singles and combined to pick up a win in doubles to lead the Rice women’s tennis team in the first ...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store