Our student athletes would not be where they are without the help of our amazing alumni. We have several ways for you to get involved.
- Become a Mentor: Meet with a student athlete in a matching professional industry to provide advice, guidance and support as they progress through their time at Rice
- Time commitment: Varies. Alum and student-athlete may email or meet face-to-face based on availability.
- Host a Career Information Session: Bring your company to our department by talking to our undergraduates about your company, what types of positions are available, how you got to where you are, a day-to-day breakdown of your profession and answer any questions about the recruiting process for your company.
- Time commitment: 60 minutes (typically evening sessions are preferred based on your availability).
- Provide Job Shadowing/Internship Opportunities: Our student-athletes have demanding schedules that often don't always offer the opportunity for a 40-hour a week internship. If you are able to host an student-athlete for a day or provide a six-to-10 week part-time internship opportunity in the summer, we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, hosting a career information session or providing a job shadowing/internship opportunity, please complete the following form or contact Director of Student-Athlete Development Lauren Cavallaro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Owls Down Anteaters in Austin
08/29/2015 - W. Volleyball - The Rice Owls volleyball squad put the finishing touches on a 2-0 Saturday with a four-set victory (25-23, 27-29, 25-12, 25-22) over the UC Irvine ...
No. 3 Longhorns Hand Owls Season-Opening Loss
08/28/2015 - W. Volleyball - The Rice volleyball team dropped its season-opening match at No. 3 Texas in three sets, 25-12, 25-23, 25-14, Friday evening in Gregory Gym on the...
Taps and Tailgates Debuts on September 5
08/27/2015 - General Release - The Rice Owls are collaborating with Bud Light to construct a beer garden on the east side of Rice Stadium in the heart of Tailgate Owley.
Owls Head to Austin for Showdown with No. 3 Texas
08/26/2015 - W. Volleyball - The Rice Owls volleyball heads to Austin this weekend to open the season against No. 3 Texas, LSU and UC Irvine in the American Campus Classic.
David Bailiff Radio Show Moves to the Gorgeous ...
08/26/2015 - Football - The sixth season of David Bailiff's one-hour radio show returns for the 2015 season this Monday, August 31, and will continue each Monday of game...
Enhanced Tailgating Options Await Football Fans
08/26/2015 - Football - Rice Football fans will find their enhanced and expanded tailgating options available when the Owls open their 2015 campaign on September 5 against...
Soccer Team Plays Friday In Corpus-Christi;...
08/25/2015 - W. Soccer - The Rice soccer team is off campus for a pair games this weekend. The Owls (1-1-0 overall) play on the road at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on Friday (...
Rice Athletics launches inaugural AD podcast
08/25/2015 - General Release - Rice Athletics is excited to announce the release of the inaugural AD podcast with Direct or Athletics Joe Karlgaard. The podcast, which will be...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store