The John L. Cox Fitness Center, located in the southeast corner of Rice Stadium, is an 8,000-square-foot facility, primarily utilized by Rice Football and Rice Baseball, under the guidance of Rice Strength & Conditioning staff. Equipment includes:
- Custom Water Filtration and Hydration Stations Muscle Milk Pre/Post Workout Fueling Station
- 8 Power Lift Double-sided Racks
- 16 In Layed Custom Platforms
- 16 Eleiko Competition Bars and 16 Texas Power Bars
- 16 High Trap Bars
- 16 Sets of Eleiko Bumper Plates
- 8 Sets of Iron Grip Dumbbells from 20-105lbs
- 8 Sets of Kettlebells from 36lbs-88lbs
- 1 Power Lift Uni-Lateral Leg Press
- 6 Power Lift Rotating Glute/Ham Benches
- 2 Hammer Strength Pull Machines
- 1 Quad/Hamstring Machine
- 25,000 lbs Iron Grip plates
- Mondo Sport Impact Floor
- 9 Mounted LED 42'' TVs
- Custom Bose Sound System
- 16 sets of Chains
- 16 sets of Light, Medium & Heavy Body Bands
- 2 Pitshark Belt Squats
- 2 Jacobs Ladders
- 2 Versa Climbers
- 2 Stair Masters
- 2 Woodway Desmo Hp
- 2 Woodway Curves
- 1 Woodway Alter G
- 4 Lifetime Fitness Bikes
- 1 SciFit Upperbody Ergometer
- 4 Sets of UCS Plyometric Boxes
- 4 Keiser Functional Trainers
Along with weight room equipment, many speed development tools are being used on field.
Owls to Host Idaho in WBI Semifinals on Thursday
03/22/2017 - W. Basketball - The Rice Owls women’s basketball team will look to earn a berth to a postseason championship for the first time in 10 years when they host...
Joe Karlgaard Statement on Men's Basketball...
03/21/2017 - M. Basketball - Statement from Athletic Director Joe Karlgaard on the Men's Basketball Coaching position.
Owls Fall Tuesday At No. 23 Texas A&M, 8-5
03/21/2017 - Baseball - COLLEGE STATION, Texas - No. 23 ranked Texas A&M rallied past the visiting Rice baseball team with six-consecutive runs over the middle innings to ...
Hodge Third Owl to Earn C-USA Honor
03/21/2017 - W. Tennis - Rice junior Lindsey Hodge has been named Conference USA’s Women’s Tennis Athlete of the Week, becoming the third member of the Owls to ...
Golf Takes 13th-Place at Lone Star Invitational
03/21/2017 - M. Golf - Rice shot a final round 287 to finish 10-over par in 13th-place at the Lone Star Invitational, played at the par-72, 7,247-yard Briggs Ranch Golf...
Rice Falls to Utah Valley, 85-79 in CBI...
03/20/2017 - M. Basketball - Rice placed six players in double-figures, but it was not enough as the Owls fell, 85-79, to Utah Valley in the CBI Quarterfinals, Monday night at ...
Golf in 13th after Two Rounds of Lone Star...
03/21/2017 - M. Golf - Rice is in 13th-place heading into the final round of the Lone Star Invitational, played at the par-72, 7,247-yard Briggs Ranch Golf Club.
Men’s Hoops Hosts Utah Valley in...
03/19/2017 - M. Basketball - Rice will host Utah Valley in the quarterfinals of the College Basketball Invitational presented by Five Four, this Monday, Mar. 20. Tip-off is...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store