The John L. Cox Fitness Center, located in the southeast corner of Rice Stadium, is an 8,000-square-foot facility, primarily utilized by Rice Football and Rice Baseball, under the guidance of Rice Strength & Conditioning staff. Equipment includes:
- Custom Water Filtration and Hydration Stations Muscle Milk Pre/Post Workout Fueling Station
- 8 Power Lift Double-sided Racks
- 16 In Layed Custom Platforms
- 16 Eleiko Competition Bars and 16 Texas Power Bars
- 16 High Trap Bars
- 16 Sets of Eleiko Bumper Plates
- 8 Sets of Iron Grip Dumbbells from 20-105lbs
- 8 Sets of Kettlebells from 36lbs-88lbs
- 1 Power Lift Uni-Lateral Leg Press
- 6 Power Lift Rotating Glute/Ham Benches
- 2 Hammer Strength Pull Machines
- 1 Quad/Hamstring Machine
- 25,000 lbs Iron Grip plates
- Mondo Sport Impact Floor
- 9 Mounted LED 42'' TVs
- Custom Bose Sound System
- 16 sets of Chains
- 16 sets of Light, Medium & Heavy Body Bands
- 2 Pitshark Belt Squats
- 2 Jacobs Ladders
- 2 Versa Climbers
- 2 Stair Masters
- 2 Woodway Desmo Hp
- 2 Woodway Curves
- 1 Woodway Alter G
- 4 Lifetime Fitness Bikes
- 1 SciFit Upperbody Ergometer
- 4 Sets of UCS Plyometric Boxes
- 4 Keiser Functional Trainers
Along with weight room equipment, many speed development tools are being used on field.
Rice Hosts Charlotte Friday In C-USA Twin-bill
04/28/2016 - Baseball - The Rice baseball team, 25-13 overall and ranked as high as No. 15 in the nation this week by Baseball America, returns to Conference USA league...
Upcoming Baseball Schedule Changed Due To...
04/28/2016 - Baseball - Changes have been made to this weekend's Rice and University of Charlotte baseball series at Reckling Park due to impending weather conditions in...
Karakolis Selected C-USA Athlete of the Week
04/26/2016 - M. Track - Rice senior thrower Evan Karakolis has been selected the Conference USA Male Field Athlete of the Week following his record-breaking performance at...
Ferris Named Head Coach at William & Mary
04/27/2016 - W. Volleyball - Former Rice associate head coach Melissa Ferris was named the head volleyball of William & Mary, the school announced on Wednesday.
Obiozor Earns C-USA Athlete of the Week Honors
04/26/2016 - W. Track - Rice junior jumper Cybil Obiozor was named the Conference USA Female Field Athlete of the Week, the league office announced on Tuesday.
Meissner Finishes Strong at C-USA Championship
04/26/2016 - M. Golf - Mitchell Meissner fired an even par 72 to finish tied for 13th-place at the Conference USA Championship, played at the par-72, 6,969-yard Texarkana...
Brenton Saylor Joins Rice Soccer Program as...
04/25/2016 - W. Soccer - Brenton Saylor has joined the Rice soccer staff as an assistant coach, Owl head coach Nicky Adams announced on Monday (April 25).
Golf Heads into Final Day of C-USA Championship...
04/25/2016 - M. Golf - Rice will enter the final day of the Conference USA Men's Golf Championship in 11th-place. The tournament will be played at the par-72, 6,969-yard ...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store