The John L. Cox Fitness Center, located in the southeast corner of Rice Stadium, is an 8,000-square-foot facility, primarily utilized by Rice Football and Rice Baseball, under the guidance of Rice Strength & Conditioning staff. Equipment includes:
- Custom Water Filtration and Hydration Stations Muscle Milk Pre/Post Workout Fueling Station
- 8 Power Lift Double-sided Racks
- 16 In Layed Custom Platforms
- 16 Eleiko Competition Bars and 16 Texas Power Bars
- 16 High Trap Bars
- 16 Sets of Eleiko Bumper Plates
- 8 Sets of Iron Grip Dumbbells from 20-105lbs
- 8 Sets of Kettlebells from 36lbs-88lbs
- 1 Power Lift Uni-Lateral Leg Press
- 6 Power Lift Rotating Glute/Ham Benches
- 2 Hammer Strength Pull Machines
- 1 Quad/Hamstring Machine
- 25,000 lbs Iron Grip plates
- Mondo Sport Impact Floor
- 9 Mounted LED 42'' TVs
- Custom Bose Sound System
- 16 sets of Chains
- 16 sets of Light, Medium & Heavy Body Bands
- 2 Pitshark Belt Squats
- 2 Jacobs Ladders
- 2 Versa Climbers
- 2 Stair Masters
- 2 Woodway Desmo Hp
- 2 Woodway Curves
- 1 Woodway Alter G
- 4 Lifetime Fitness Bikes
- 1 SciFit Upperbody Ergometer
- 4 Sets of UCS Plyometric Boxes
- 4 Keiser Functional Trainers
Along with weight room equipment, many speed development tools are being used on field.
Scott Pera Introduced Saturday Morning
03/25/2017 - M. Basketball - Rice head coach Scott Pera was officially introduced to the public Saturday morning.
Rice & FIU Split Double-Header Saturday
03/25/2017 - Baseball - After the Rice baseball team raced past visiting FIU for an 8-4 victory in the opening game of a Conference USA double-header Saturday at Reckling ...
Slow Starts Fail to Slow Owls
03/25/2017 - M. Tennis - The Rice men’s tennis team clinched a 10th consecutive Rice Invitational crown by following a script that head coach Efe Ustundag would just ...
Victor Lopez Classic Meet Central
03/21/2017 - W. Track - The 35th annual Victor Lopez Classic will begin Thursday afternoon, beginning with high school competition at 5 p.m. while collegiate athletes will...
Texas Tamale Company Rice Invitational Opens...
03/24/2017 - M. Tennis - The Rice men’s tennis team will welcome a new sponsor to a venerable springtime tradition as Texas Tamale Company has become the presenting...
Pera Named 25th Men’s Basketball Coach
03/23/2017 - M. Basketball - Scott Pera has been named the 25th head coach in Rice men’s basketball history, Director of Athletics Joe Karlgaard announced Thursday...
Wildcats Outlast Owls
03/24/2017 - W. Tennis - Arizona’s Sophia Thomas outlasted Savannah Durkin of Rice in three sets to give the Arizona Wildcats a 4-3 win over the Owls at the LaNelle...
Friday's Rice Baseball Game Postponed
03/24/2017 - Baseball - Rice's Conference USA baseball game vs. FIU on Friday (March 24) has been postponed due to weather conditions expected in the Houston area. The...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store