The John L. Cox Fitness Center, located in the southeast corner of Rice Stadium, is an 8,000-square-foot facility, primarily utilized by Rice Football and Rice Baseball, under the guidance of Rice Strength & Conditioning staff. Equipment includes:
- Custom Water Filtration and Hydration Stations Muscle Milk Pre/Post Workout Fueling Station
- 8 Power Lift Double-sided Racks
- 16 In Layed Custom Platforms
- 16 Eleiko Competition Bars and 16 Texas Power Bars
- 16 High Trap Bars
- 16 Sets of Eleiko Bumper Plates
- 8 Sets of Iron Grip Dumbbells from 20-105lbs
- 8 Sets of Kettlebells from 36lbs-88lbs
- 1 Power Lift Uni-Lateral Leg Press
- 6 Power Lift Rotating Glute/Ham Benches
- 2 Hammer Strength Pull Machines
- 1 Quad/Hamstring Machine
- 25,000 lbs Iron Grip plates
- Mondo Sport Impact Floor
- 9 Mounted LED 42'' TVs
- Custom Bose Sound System
- 16 sets of Chains
- 16 sets of Light, Medium & Heavy Body Bands
- 2 Pitshark Belt Squats
- 2 Jacobs Ladders
- 2 Versa Climbers
- 2 Stair Masters
- 2 Woodway Desmo Hp
- 2 Woodway Curves
- 1 Woodway Alter G
- 4 Lifetime Fitness Bikes
- 1 SciFit Upperbody Ergometer
- 4 Sets of UCS Plyometric Boxes
- 4 Keiser Functional Trainers
Along with weight room equipment, many speed development tools are being used on field.
ASN to Televise Seven Men's Basketball Games in...
10/01/2015 - M. Basketball - Seven Rice men's basketball games will be televised by the American Sports Network during the 2015-16 season, Conference USA announced Thursday...
Hilltoppers Roll Past Rice
10/03/2015 - Football - Brandon Doughty threw for 409 yards and four touchdowns and C-USA preseason favorite Western Kentucky looked every bit the part in a 49-10 win at...
Owls Selected to Play on American Sports Network
10/01/2015 - W. Basketball - The American Sports Network (ASN) announced on Thursday that it will televise the Rice women's basketball home tilt versus North Texas, which will ...
Men's Basketball Undergoes SEAL Team Training
10/01/2015 - M. Basketball - The Rice Men's Basketball team took part in SEAL Team Training for the second straight year.
Owls Hit The Road For A Pair Of C-USA Matches
10/01/2015 - W. Volleyball - The Owls hit the road for the first time in conference play this weekend, first making a stop in Denton on Friday (7 p.m.) to face the Mean Green, ...
Soccer Finally Back Home This Weekend
09/30/2015 - W. Soccer - After going nearly a month without playing a home game, the Rice Soccer team is finally back at Holloway Field this weekend.
Pair of Volleyball Matches vs. UTSA Rescheduled
09/30/2015 - W. Volleyball - The Owls will now host the Roadrunners of UTSA on Thursday, Oct. 15 at 4 p.m.
Joe Karlgaard September Podcast Released
09/30/2015 - General Release - Rice Director Athletics Joe Karlgaard has released his second monthly podcast to update Owls fans on a number of current topics and issues.
- Top Videos /
- Online Store