The John L. Cox Fitness Center, located in the southeast corner of Rice Stadium, is an 8,000-square-foot facility, primarily utilized by Rice Football and Rice Baseball, under the guidance of Rice Strength & Conditioning staff. Equipment includes:
- Custom Water Filtration and Hydration Stations Muscle Milk Pre/Post Workout Fueling Station
- 8 Power Lift Double-sided Racks
- 16 In Layed Custom Platforms
- 16 Eleiko Competition Bars and 16 Texas Power Bars
- 16 High Trap Bars
- 16 Sets of Eleiko Bumper Plates
- 8 Sets of Iron Grip Dumbbells from 20-105lbs
- 8 Sets of Kettlebells from 36lbs-88lbs
- 1 Power Lift Uni-Lateral Leg Press
- 6 Power Lift Rotating Glute/Ham Benches
- 2 Hammer Strength Pull Machines
- 1 Quad/Hamstring Machine
- 25,000 lbs Iron Grip plates
- Mondo Sport Impact Floor
- 9 Mounted LED 42'' TVs
- Custom Bose Sound System
- 16 sets of Chains
- 16 sets of Light, Medium & Heavy Body Bands
- 2 Pitshark Belt Squats
- 2 Jacobs Ladders
- 2 Versa Climbers
- 2 Stair Masters
- 2 Woodway Desmo Hp
- 2 Woodway Curves
- 1 Woodway Alter G
- 4 Lifetime Fitness Bikes
- 1 SciFit Upperbody Ergometer
- 4 Sets of UCS Plyometric Boxes
- 4 Keiser Functional Trainers
Along with weight room equipment, many speed development tools are being used on field.
Owls Place Second at C-USA Indoor Championships
02/19/2017 - W. Track - A late charge by the Rice Owls women's track and field team on Sunday was nearly enough to overcome eventual champion UTEP in a dramatic finish at ...
Mike Rhoades Radio Show Continues Tonight from ...
02/20/2017 - M. Basketball - The Mike Rhoades Radio Show continues tonight at 7 p.m. from the Gorgeous Gael Irish Bar (5555 Morningside Drive).
Filip Wins Third C-USA Indoor Heptathlon Title
02/19/2017 - M. Track - Rice junior Scott Filip became the first athlete in Conference USA history to win a third C-USA Indoor Championship heptathlon title, accumulating ...
Fast Start Sparks End to LSU Road Streak
02/19/2017 - M. Tennis - Emanuel Llamas and Jake Hansen provided the early spark and David Warren put an end to any hopes of a rally as the Rice men’s tennis team won...
Ellerbee Named 2016 MVP
02/19/2017 - Football - Rice junior linebacker Emmanuel Ellerbee, who led Conference USA in tackles in his first year as a starter, was named the winner of the 93rd George...
Golf Takes Sixth at All-American Intercollegiate
02/19/2017 - M. Golf - Rice shot a final round 293 to finish two-over par in sixth-place at the spring-opening All-American Intercollegiate, played at the Golf Club of...
Women’s Basketball Wins Fourth Straight, ...
02/18/2017 - W. Basketball - Maya Hawkins scored a season-high 25 points and Nicole Iademarco added a career-high 23 points to help lead the Rice Owls women’s basketball ...
Baseball Falls Saturday In Texas Twinbill
02/19/2017 - Baseball - The Rice baseball team struck for the lead in both games of Saturday's double-header at Texas' UFCU Disch-Falk Field in Austin, but the Longhorns...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store