The John L. Cox Fitness Center, located in the southeast corner of Rice Stadium, is an 8,000-square-foot facility, primarily utilized by Rice Football and Rice Baseball, under the guidance of Rice Strength & Conditioning staff. Equipment includes:
- Custom Water Filtration and Hydration Stations Muscle Milk Pre/Post Workout Fueling Station
- 8 Power Lift Double-sided Racks
- 16 In Layed Custom Platforms
- 16 Eleiko Competition Bars and 16 Texas Power Bars
- 16 High Trap Bars
- 16 Sets of Eleiko Bumper Plates
- 8 Sets of Iron Grip Dumbbells from 20-105lbs
- 8 Sets of Kettlebells from 36lbs-88lbs
- 1 Power Lift Uni-Lateral Leg Press
- 6 Power Lift Rotating Glute/Ham Benches
- 2 Hammer Strength Pull Machines
- 1 Quad/Hamstring Machine
- 25,000 lbs Iron Grip plates
- Mondo Sport Impact Floor
- 9 Mounted LED 42'' TVs
- Custom Bose Sound System
- 16 sets of Chains
- 16 sets of Light, Medium & Heavy Body Bands
- 2 Pitshark Belt Squats
- 2 Jacobs Ladders
- 2 Versa Climbers
- 2 Stair Masters
- 2 Woodway Desmo Hp
- 2 Woodway Curves
- 1 Woodway Alter G
- 4 Lifetime Fitness Bikes
- 1 SciFit Upperbody Ergometer
- 4 Sets of UCS Plyometric Boxes
- 4 Keiser Functional Trainers
Along with weight room equipment, many speed development tools are being used on field.
Mike Rhoades Radio Show Continues Tonight from ...
01/23/2017 - M. Basketball - The Mike Rhoades Radio Show continues tonight at 7 p.m. from the Gorgeous Gael Irish Bar (5555 Morningside Drive).
Aggies Escape Owls Attack
01/21/2017 - M. Tennis - On an unseasonably warm January day, Rice and Texas A&M responded with a day of tennis more suited for the postseason in May than the season’...
Owls Open Dual Slate with Shutout
01/21/2017 - W. Tennis - The Rice women’s tennis team opened its 2017 dual campaign in impressive fashion, racing to a 7-0 win over the Lamar Cardinals at the George ...
Aggies Open Busy Weekend of Tennis
01/21/2017 - M. Tennis - The Rice men’s tennis team opens a flurry of weekend dual action when they host 16th ranked Texas A&M at the George R. Brown Tennis Center at...
Owls Host Lamar in Dual Opener
01/21/2017 - W. Tennis - The Rice women’s tennis team will open its 2017 dual season in familiar fashion by hosting the Lamar Cardinals at 5 p.m. on Saturday at the...
Men's Basketball Looks to Get Back on Track at ...
01/20/2017 - M. Basketball - Rice looks to turn things around this Saturday, Jan. 21, when it travels to Hattiesburg, Miss., to face Southern Miss. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. CT...
Turnovers Lead to Loss at Louisiana Tech, 74-64
01/19/2017 - M. Basketball - Louisiana Tech scored 33 points off of 23 Rice turnovers as the Owls fell behind early and could never catch up, dropping a 74-64 decision,...
Women's Basketball Returns to Action Saturday...
01/20/2017 - W. Basketball - The Rice Owls women’s basketball squad closes out a quick two-game homestand on Saturday when they host the Southern Miss Lady Eagles at 2 p.m.
- Top Videos /
- Online Store