Oct. 17, 2013
The Last Meeting
August 28, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
The Last Meeting
October 21, 2012
El Paso, Texas
HOUSTON - The Rice University volleyball team will be riding a bit of momentum off back-to-back home conference victories last week when they travel to both UTSA (Friday) and UTEP (Sunday) this weekend.
Friday's match begins a stretch where Rice will play six of the next eight contests on the road, which includes five of six from now until Nov. 7. The Owls lone home game will be Oct. 27 versus North Texas.
Scouting the Roadrunners (13-7, 5-1 Conference USA)
• The Owls are 13-1 all-time against the Roadrunners and have won four straight in the series.
• Last season Rice defeated UTSA 3-1 (25-17, 25-14, 22-25, 25-11) on Aug. 28. Nancy Cole led the Owls with 14 kills while Mariah Riddlesprigger posted 10. Four Owls recorded double-digit digs, including a team-best 16 from Riddlesprigger.
• UTSA, second in C-USA, saw their five-game conference win streak come to an end last time out at Middle Tennessee (3-0). Prior to that the Roadrunners won by a combined sets score of 15-2. Senior outside hitter McKenzie Adams leads the team with 382 kills (5.31/set) while freshman outside hitter Dajana Boskovic is second with 193.
Scouting the Miners (10-7, 4-2 Conference USA)
• Rice holds a dominant 29-8 series advantage over UTEP and has won five straight meetings between the two teams.
• Last season the Owls went 2-0 (3-0, 3-2) against UTEP and after beating the Miners 3-0 in Houston on Oct. 15, the Owls were pushed to five sets in El Paso. Nancy Cole led the Owls that day with 21 kills while Jillian Humphrey added 13. Four Owls had double-digit digs in the victory, allowing Rice to move to 9-2 in C-USA at the time.
• UTEP, tied for fourth in C-USA, has won seven of their past nine matches but is coming off a 3-0 loss at Southern Miss last week. The Miners are 6-1 at home with their lone loss coming to Oral Roberts.
Owls Sweep Blazers at Tudor Fieldhouse
10/16/2016 - The Rice Owls volleyball team recorded their 10th sweep of the season and second this weekend with a 3-0 triumph (25-17, 25-20, 25-21) over the UAB...
Owls Shine Offensively in Sweep of Marshall
10/14/2016 - The Rice Owls volleyball team bounced back from a tough loss on Tuesday with a 3-0 sweep (25-18, 25-23, 25-18) over the Marshall Thundering Herd...
Owls Return Home for Pair of C-USA Matches
10/13/2016 - The Owls return home from a four-match road trip for a pair of matches this weekend at Tudor Fieldhouse, beginning Friday against Marshall.
Volleyball Falls in Five Sets at Florida Atlantic
10/11/2016 - The Rice Owls volleyball squad saw their season-long eight match win streak come to an end Tuesday afternoon with a five-set loss (25-14, 24-26, 25...
Volleyball Runs Win Streak to Eight Straight
10/09/2016 - The Rice Owls volleyball team pushed their season-high win streak to eight consecutive matches with a 3-0 sweep (25-22, 25-23, 26-24) at FIU Sunday...
Volleyball Match at Florida Atlantic Rescheduled
10/05/2016 - Due to potential weather concerns regarding Hurricane Matthew, the Owls scheduled match this weekend originally set for Friday at Florida Atlantic ...
McDaniel Selected C-USA Defensive Player of the...
10/03/2016 - Rice junior setter Madison McDaniel was named the Conference USA Defensive Player of the Week on Monday, the league office announced.
Owls Make it Seven Straight Wins, Defeat Tigers
10/01/2016 - The Rice Owls volleyball team won their second match in as many days with a 3-1 (25-18, 18-25, 25-17, 25-22) victory over the Tennessee State...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store