Friday, Oct. 17 at UTEP Miners: Video | Live Stats | Twitter Updates
Sunday, Oct. 19 at UTSA Roadrunners: Tickets | Video ($) | Live Stats | Twitter Updates
Rice-UTEP/UTSA Match Notes
HOUSTON, Texas - The Owls continue their three-game road trip this weekend with a pair of in-state matches, first at UTEP on Friday, Oct. 3 followed by a showdown at UTSA on Sunday, Oct. 19. Rice has won four consecutive matches and sits just 1.5 games back of first place in C-USA.
- Rice is 5-1 against Texas schools this season.
- Rice has won four consecutive matches and 12 straight sets during that span.
- Rice is 4-3 on the road this season, which includes a 3-2 win at Marquette, who is receiving 20 votes in the AVCA Coaches Poll.
- In the latest RPI rankings of the season the Owls come in at No. 67, behind only Western Kentucky (36) amongst all C-USA squads.
- Through six matches the Owls (5-1) currently sit in third place in the C-USA standings behind both Western Kentucky (7-0) and UTSA (7-0).
- The Owls are off to their best 20-match start (15-5) since the 2009-10 campaign. That season the Owls went 23-9 and advanced to the NCAA Tournament.
- Sara Blasier currently ranks 18th in the nation in total assists (803) and is third in C-USA. Blasier also ranks first in C-USA in assists per set (11.0).
- Jillian Humphrey is now third place in Rice history in career blocks (464), block assists (379) and blocks per set (1.12).
- Daniela Arenas ranks 25th in the nation in active career total digs with 1,547. Arenas moved past Yvette Kirk (1,405 digs) earlier this season for second place all-time in Rice history.
- The Owls now rank in the nation’s top 50 in seven major categories: kills per set (21st-14.0), assists per set (24th-13.1), team kills (31st-1,026), opponents hitting percentage (42nd-.163), hitting percentage (45th-.253), and digs per set (49th-16.2).
The Last Meeting
October 3, 2014
The Last Meeting
October 18, 2013
San Antonio, Texas