March 19, 2010
Rice's Britney Blodgett placed fourth at the Shirley Crowe Heptathlon with 4,240 points, while former Owl and current volunteer assistant coach Funmi Jimoh placed second with 4,489 points.
For Blodget, she surpasses her previous high of 4,227 points set at the 2008 C-USA Outdoor Championship.
Wichita State's Tanya Friesen won the competition with 4,746 points.
1. Friesen, Tanya, Wichita State 4746
2. Jimoh, Funmi, Unattached, 4489
3. Moran, Shannon, Rice, 4463
4. Blodgett, Britney, Rice, 4240
5. Pruter, Jamie, Wichita State, 4065
6. Sorell, Witney, Wichita State, 3600