| Anniina Ala-Seppälä
* 1,500 freestyle 16:48.63 SCM (17:01.74 conversion)
* 800 freestyle 8:46.76 SCM (10:07.35 conversion)
* 400 freestyle 4:14.20 SCM (4:53.09 conversion)
* Youth Nordic Champion in 400-meters
* Swam for Finland in Youth Olympic Festival and Youth European Championships
* Coached by Ben Davis (one year of high school in Lexington, KY)
* Coached by Ari Palve (club)
Coach Huston said: "Anniina will really fill a hole left by (2013 graduate) Danielle Spence in our distance events. I expect Anniina to be very competitive in training and competing as a part of our one-two punch in the distance events with teammate Erin Flanigan. Anniina's experience in international competitions will serve her well at the NCAA Division I level."
Anniina Ala-Seppälä said: "I got along with the coaches and the team extremely well from the first time we talked. I instantly felt like I was a part of the team. I also knew Rice University to be a great school academically; even very well known in Finland. This is important to me. The beautiful campus and warm climate were also tempting to me."
|Will Rice College|