Vote On-line For Lauren Hughes as College Player of the Year

Lauren Hughes
Will Rice College
Nov. 21, 2014

Cast your vote for Lauren Hughes here.

Not only has Lauren Hughes been named one of 30 national finalists for the 2014 Soccer News Net College Boot award recognizing the women's college player of the year, fans will have a chance to vote for Hughes on-line.

On-line voting is underway at Soccer News Net sites and continues until December 16. Fan voting will account for 40% of the total toward the award. The remaining 60% of the vote will be cast by the Soccer News Net editorial staff. The winner of the popular vote will receive the Soccer News Net Supporter's Choice Award. The publication has been selecting a player of the year since 2007.

Player of the year finalists were selected from the Soccer News Net network consisting of Big Apple Soccer (www.bigapplesoccer.com), Chicagoland Soccer News (www.chicagolandsoccernews.com), LA Soccer News (www.lasoccernews.com), New England Soccer News (www.newenglandsoccernews.com), Philly Soccer News (www.phillysoccernews.com) Dallas Soccer News (www.dallassoccernews.com), DC Soccer News (www.dcsoccernews.com) and Sunshine Soccer News (www.sunshinesoccernews.com).

Hughes has already won one landslide victory when the Conference USA head coaches voted her as the 2014 C-USA Player of the Year. The junior forward from Ottawa, Ontario, led the league in goals (14) and points (35) to go along with a team-best seven assists. She tied the Rice school records for goals and points in a single season, and also registered a sensational stretch of scoring goals in seven-straight games. Hughes scored two of her four game-winning goals to help lead the Owls to the C-USA Tournament championship. Though just a junior, she has already set the new Rice career marks for goals (32) and points (84). Hughes' outstanding season was not limited to the soccer field. She was also named a second-team C-USA All-Academic Honoree.

 

 

Facebook

Twitter

  • Loading Tweets...
    1 second ago

Instagram