Thu-Sun., June 22-23 -- at USATF Outdoor Championships (Sacramento, Calif.)
Senior Championships Meet Information | Junior Championships Meet Information | Live Results
• Thursday: NBC Sports Gold, 2:45 p.m. (CT) | USATF.tv, 5 p.m. (CT-Junior track events only)
• Friday: USATF.tv, 11 a.m. (CT-Junior track events only) | NBC Sports Gold, 2:45 p.m. (CT) | NBCSN, 9:30 p.m. (CT)
While the collegiate track and field season ended a few weeks ago at the NCAA Outdoor Championships, three Rice Owls will continue to test their mettle against the nation's best at the USATF Outdoor Championships in Sacramento, California, this Thursday and Friday.
Junior decathlete Scott Filip, fresh off earning USTFCCCA First Team All-American honors, will be competing in the decathlon Thursday-Friday and has the fifth-highest points total (7915) among the 17 competitors scheduled for this weekend. Filip, who was named the Conference USA Male Field Athlete of the Year last Friday, placed fifth in the decathlon at the NCAA Outdoor Championships and swept the C-USA decathlon and heptathlon titles this past season.
Joining Filip in Sacramento will be junior thrower Austin Riddle, who claimed USTFCCCA All-America Honorable Mention honors following his 18th place finish at the NCAA Outdoor Championships. Riddle is seeded 17th in the 18-person field and will throw on Thursday at 4:45 p.m. (CT).
Freshman middle distance runners Matthew Murray will also be making the trip to Sacramento, where he'll be competing in the 1500m (Thursday, 5:40 p.m. CT) at the Junior Championships.
In addition, former Owls Chris Pillow (pole vault, Saturday, 2 p.m. CT) and Ariana Ince (javelin, Thursday, 6 p.m. CT) will also be competing.
Owls Schedule (All times CT)
• Scott Filip (Decathlon) - 100m (Thursday, 2:45 p.m.), long jump (Thursday, 3:30 p.m.), shot put (Thursday, 4:30 p.m.), high jump (Thursday, 5:45 p.m.), 400m (Thursday, 8 p.m.), 110m hurdles (Friday, 2:55 p.m.), discus (Friday, 3:40 p.m.), pole vault (Friday, 5:25 p.m.), javelin (Friday, 8 p.m.), 1500m (Friday, 9:06 p.m.)
• Austin Riddle (Hammer Throw) - Thursday, 4:45 p.m.
• Matthew Murray (1500-Junior) - Thursday, 5:40 p.m.