By: Tim Andrzejewski (email@example.com)
Game Notes | CUSA.tv | Listen Live | Gametracker | Buy Tickets
HOUSTON — Rice closes its homestand this Wednesday, Nov. 23, when it hosts Delaware State. TIp-off is set for 7 p.m. CT and will be live-streamed on CUSA.tv.
• Rice enters Wednesday night’s game with a 3-1 record after defeating Montana State, 83-78, Monday night.
• Sophomore guard and Preseason All-Conference USA member Marcus Evans is second in the conference in scoring, averaging 23.8 points per game. He is second in the league in three-pointers per game (3.3), is tied for third in steals (2.0) and tied for ninth in assists (4.0).
• Redshirt junior guard/forward Egor Koulechov is averaging 16.8 points, good for a sixth-place tie in C-USA. He is tied for sixth in minutes played (32.5) and is seventh in three-point field goal percentage (.500) and three-pointers made per game (2.5).
• Redshirt junior guard Marcus Jackson is averaging 15.3 points, tied for 10th, in the conference. He is tied for sixth in assists (4.5) and is seventh in assist/turnover ratio (2.3).
• Sophomore guard Connor Cashaw is averaging 9.8 points and is connecting on 60.0% from the field, good for a 10th-place tie in the conference. He is also seventh in three-point field goal percentage (.500).
• The Owls are scoring 86.2 points per game which is second in C-USA while allowing 76.5.
• Rice is third in the league in field goal percentage, connecting on 49.5% from the floor and is allowing teams to hit just 40.5%.
• Rice is also hitting 40.6% from three while allowing just 34.0%. The Owls are second in the league in three-pointers made per game (9.8).
• Head coach Mike Rhoades is in his third season at the helm of the Rice basketball program. He owns a 27-41 (.397) record on South Main and a 225-117 (.658) record in 12 years as a head coach.
Scouting Delaware State
• Delaware State enters Wednesday night’s game with a 1-3 record. The Hornets have lost three straight games after falling at Louisiana-Lafayette, 83-82, Monday night.
• Senior guard DeAndre Haywood is tied for fourth in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference in scoring with 18.5 points. He is also 10th in the league in field goal percentage (.542).
• Sophomore guard Devin Morgan is second on the team with 13.0 points per game and is eighth in the MEAC with 3.8 assists.
• Junior forward Kavon Waller is scoring 12.5 points per game and is third in the league in field goal percentage (.600) and three-point field goal percentage (.579).
• The Hornets are scoring 78.5 points per game while allowing 75.8.
• DSU is connecting on 45.9-percent from the field and 40.0-percent from three while allowing 43.7% from the floor and 37.0% from beyond the arc.
• Delaware State is pulling down 36.2 rebounds per game and allowing 39.0.
• Head coach Keith Walker is in his third season at the head of the Delaware State men’s basketball program. He owns a 23-25 (.479) record in three years at DSU and a 114-127 (.473) record in nine years as a head coach.
• This will be the first-ever meeting between Rice and Delaware State.
• The Owls stay in the state of Texas when they travel to San Antonio to face Incarnate Word, this Saturday, Nov. 26. Tip-off is scheduled for 3 p.m. CT.