By: Tim Andrzejewski (email@example.com)
Game Notes | CUSA.tv | Listen Live | Buy Tickets
HOUSTON — Rice begins a two-game homestand this Monday, Nov. 21, when it hosts Montana State. TIp-off is set for 7 p.m. CT and will be live-streamed on CUSA.tv.
• Rice enters Monday night’s game with a 2-1 record after defeating Nebraska-Omaha, 100-87, Sunday afternoon.
• Sophomore guard and Preseason All-Conference USA member Marcus Evans is second in the conference in scoring, averaging 23.7 points per game. He also leads the league in steals (2.3), is tied for second in three-pointers per game (3.0) and tied for sixth in assists (4.7).
• Redshirt junior guard/forward Egor Koulechov is averaging 17.3 points, good for an eighth-place tie in C-USA. He is tied for second in three-pointers made (3.0), tied for fourth in minutes (33.7) and is seventh in three-point field goal percentage (.600).
• Redshirt junior guard Marcus Jackson is averaging 15.3 points and is second on the team with 4.7 rebounds. He is tied for sixth in the conference in assists (4.7) and is seventh in three-pointers made (2.7) and assist/turnover ratio (2.8).
• Sophomore guard Connor Cashaw is averaging 12.0 points and is connecting on 70.0% from the field, good for fourth in the conference.
• The Owls are scoring 87.3 points per game while allowing 76.0.
• Rice is second in the league in field goal percentage, connecting on 51.5% from the floor and is allowing teams to hit just 41.5%.
• Rice is also hitting 45.2% from three while allowing just 30.2%. The Owls also lead the league in three-pointers made per game (11.0).
• Head coach Mike Rhoades is in his third season at the helm of the Rice basketball program. He owns a 26-41 (.388) record on South Main and a 223-117 (.656) record in 12 years as a head coach.
Scouting Montana State
• Montana State enters Monday night’s game with a 3-1 record. The Bobcats have won three straight games after defeating James Madison, 80-73, Friday night.
• Sophomore guard and Preseason All-Big Sky member Tyler Hall is second in the Big Sky in scoring with 25.0 points. He also leads the team in rebounding (5.5) and is second in the league in three-pointers made (3.8) and is tied for fifth in free throw percentage (.955).
• Freshman guard Harald Frey is averaging 12.0 points and is tied for third in the league with 4.5 assists.
• The Bobcats are scoring 80.5 points per game while allowing 75.2.
• MSU is connecting on 43.0-percent from the field and 33.6-percent from three while allowing 38.4% from the floor and just 34.0% from beyond the arc.
• Montana State is pulling down 40.2 rebounds per game and allowing 39.2.
• The Bobcats are also leading the Big Sky in three-pointers per game (9.5).
• Head coach Brian Fish is in his third season at the head of the Montana State men’s basketball program, where he owns a 24-41 (.369) record.
• This will be the first-ever meeting between Rice and Montana State.
• The Owls close out their two-game homestand this Wednesday, Nov. 23, when it hosts Delaware State. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. CT and will be live-streamed on CUSA.tv.