By: Tim Andrzejewski (email@example.com)
Game Notes | Listen Live
HOUSTON — Rice looks to get back on track on when it travels to Omaha, Neb., to face Nebraska-Omaha, Saturday, Nov. 19 at 1 p.m.
• Rice enters Saturday afternoon’s game with a 1-1 record after falling to Texas Southern in its home opener, 71-68, Wednesday night.
• Sophomore guard and Preseason All-Conference USA member Marcus Evans is fifth in conference in scoring 21.0 points per game. He is also tied for fifth in steals (2.0), tied for seventh in assists (4.5) and tied for eighth in three-pointers per game (2.5).
• Redshirt junior guard/forward Egor Koulechov is averaging 18.5 points, good for a sixth-place tie in C-USA. He is tied for second in minutes played (35.0) and tied for third in three-pointers made (3.0). The Volgograd, Russia native is also connecting on 50.0% from the field and 54.5% from behind the arc.
• Redshirt junior guard Marcus Jackson is averaging 13.5 points and is second on the team with 5.0 rebounds. He is tied for third in the conference in assists (5.0) and is seventh in assist/turnover ratio (2.5).
• Sophomore guard Connor Cashaw is averaging 10.5 points and is connecting on 69.2% from the field.
• The Owls are scoring 81.0 points per game while allowing 70.5.
• Rice is connecting on 46.5% from the floor and is second in the league in field goal percentage defense, allowing teams to hit just 37.8%.
• Rice is also hitting 36.5% from three while allowing just 26.8%. The Owls also lead the league in free throw percentage, connecting on 80.4% from the charity stripe.
• Head coach Mike Rhoades is in his third season at the helm of the Rice basketball program. He owns a 25-41 (.379) record on South Main and a 222-117 (.655) record in 12 years as a head coach.
• Nebraska-Omaha enters Saturday afternoon’s game with a 1-2 record after falling at Kansas State, 81-68, Tuesday night.
• Junior forward and second team Preseason All-Summit League member Tre’Shawn Thurman is tied for 10th in the Summit League in scoring with 14.7 points. He is also fifth in rebounds (8.0) and blocks (1.7).
• Senior guard Marcus Tyus is also averaging 14.7 points while connecting on 41.2% from three.
• Senior guard and first team Preseason All-Summit League member Tra-Deon Hollins is scoring 8.7 points. He leads the Summit League in assists (6.3) and is tied for third in steals (2.3).
• The Mavericks are scoring 71.3 points per game while allowing 74.3.
• UNO is connecting on just 38.8-percent from the field and 28.9-percent from three while allowing 42.6% from the floor and just 26.8% from beyond the arc.
• Nebraska-Omaha is pulling down 38.3 rebounds per game and allowing 41.7.
• Head coach Derrin Hansen is in his 12th season at the head of the Nebraska-Omaha men’s basketball program, where he owns a 180-154 (.539) record.
• This will be the first-ever meeting between Rice and Nebraska-Omaha.
• The Owls begin a two-game homestand next Monday, Nov. 21, when it hosts Montana State. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. CT and will be live-streamed on CUSA.tv.