Feb. 19, 2014
NORFOLK, Va. – Rice University men’s basketball continues its three-game road trip on Thursday with a trip to the east coast to face new Conference USA member Old Dominion. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET at the Ted Constant Convocation Center.
It is the second of three-straight games away from Tudor Fieldhouse for the Owls (7-17, 2-9 C-USA) as the team makes its lone east-coast swing of the regular season.
Austin Ramljak leads the Owls with 11.9 points per game and has moved into sixth on the program’s single-season three-pointer list with 73. He surpassed last season’s total of 73 long-balls on Saturday and ranks among the league leaders in treys and three-point percentage. He paced the Owls in both scoring and rebounding at Louisiana Tech in the last outing.
Last Time Out
• Rice had trouble finding an answer to Louisiana Tech’s pressure defense last Saturday night in an 85-46 setback.
• The Owls will be happy to get back out on the court to erase memories from the season-high 23 turnovers in the first of two meetings with the Bulldogs.
• Rice shot 5-of-10 on three-pointers in the second half and improved its overall shooting to 40 percent in the frame, but it wasn’t enough to keep up Louisiana Tech’s 48.3 field goal clip in the game and 8-of-25 mark from downtown.
Ramljak led the team with nine points and six rebounds in the game, while Max Guercy also tallied nine points.
Series History (ODU leads, 1-0)
• This marks just the second meeting for the new Conference USA mates, as ODU claimed a 114-86 win in the 1970-71 season at the Norfolk Scope Arena.
• Rice last traveled to the Commonwealth on Jan. 3, 2009 for a contest against Richmond.
Scouting the Monarchs (12-14, 6-5 C-USA)
• Old Dominion is 7-5 at home this season, with a 2-2 mark in league games at the Ted Constant Convocation Center.
• Aaron Bacote leads the team with 16.0 points and 2.96 assists per game.
• Two other players score in double figures for the Monarchs, including Dimitri Batten and Keenan Palmore.
• In its last outing, ODU fell at Tulsa, 76-37, on Saturday. Richard Ross and Ambrose Mosley combined for 23 of the team’s points.
• Old Dominion shoots 41.8 percent from the field and 31.7 percent from downtown. Head coach Jeff Jones’ squad owns a narrow 35.9-to-24.0 rebound edge over its opponents.
Men’s Basketball at New Mexico to Be...
09/17/2015 - The December 19 men’s basketball game at New Mexico will be televised by ROOT Sports.
Two Men's Hoops Games to Be Televised
09/16/2015 - Two men’s basketball games have been selected by a pair of networks to be televised during the 2015-16 season.
Men's Basketball Season Tickets Now on Sale
09/11/2015 - Season tickets for the exciting second season of the Mike Rhoades era of Rice Men’s Basketball are now on sale.
Ricky Pierce Named to Southwest Conference Hall...
08/12/2015 - Former Rice men’s basketball player Ricky Pierce has been inducted to the Southwest Conference Hall of Fame, announced Wednesday afternoon by...
Men's Hoops Trio Named to NABC Honors Court
07/31/2015 - For the second time this week, Rice men’s basketball has been honored by the National Association of Basketball Coaches. Seth Gearhart, Dan...
Men’s Basketball Earns NABC Team Academic...
07/29/2015 - For the third consecutive year, the Rice men’s basketball team earned the National Association of Basketball Coaches Team Academic Award,...
Conference USA Releases 2016 Men's Basketball...
07/20/2015 - After opening play with three consecutive road games, the Rice men's basketball team will open their Conference USA home scheduled when the Owls...
Men's Basketball Announces 2015-16 Non-Conferen...
07/14/2015 - Year two of the Mike Rhoades era of Rice men's basketball will open on November 13 when the Owls travel to Berkeley, California to face off against...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store