HOUSTON -- Rice closes its road trip this Saturday, February 13, when it travels to Norfolk, Va., to face Old Dominion. Tip-off is scheduled for 1 p.m. CT and will be televised by ASN.
- Rice and Old Dominion will meet for just the fifth time ever.
- The Owls are looking for their first victory in the series, as ODU has won the previous four meetings.
- In Norfolk, the Monarchs are 3-0.
- This will be the first of two meetings this year with Old Dominion visiting South Main on Mar. 5 to close the regular season.
- Rice enters today's game with an 8-16 record and is 3-8 in Conference USA after falling at Charlotte, 102-73, on Thursday.
- Freshman Marcus Evans is third in Conference USA in scoring, averaging 19.8 points per game. He leads the league lead in steals (2.0), is eighth in minutes played (32.9) and 10th in free throw percentage (.775).
- Redshirt sophomore Egor Koulechov is sixth in the conference in scoring, averaging 16.8 points while leading the team with 7.1 rebounds. He is third in C-USA in free throw percentage (.859), fourth in three-pointers made (2.5) and fifth in minutes played (33.8).
- Freshman Marquez Letcher-Ellis is third on the team with 10.3 points and second with 5.3 rebounds. He is also tied for seventh in C-USA with 1.1 blocks.
- Senior Max Guercy is averaging 7.9 points. He leads the league and is fifth in the country in free throw percentage (.901), is second in assists (5.6) and sixth in minutes played (33.5).
- Rice is averaging 75.8 points per game while allowing 81.3.
- The Owls are connecting on 44.0% from the field and just 31.5% from the three-point line while allowing 49.1% from the field and 41.3% from beyond the arc.
- Rice leads Conference USA in free throw percentage, connecting on 73.9%.
Scouting Old Dominion
- Old Dominion enters the game with a 14-10 record. The Monarchs are 7-4 in Conference USA and have won four straight after defeating North Texas, 67-47, on Thursday.
- Senior guard Trey Freeman leads Conference USA with 21.0 points. He is also fourth in minutes played (33.9) and ninth in free throw percentage (.795).
- Senior guard Aaron Bacote is scoring 13.6 points. He is seventh in the league in free throw percentage (.810).
- Sophomore forward Brandon Stith is averaging 9.8 points and is fourth in C-USA in blocks (1.7), fifth in rebounding (8.8) and sixth in field goal percentage (.563).
- Old Dominion is averaging 67.6 points per game but is allowing a league-low 61.5.
- The Monarchs are connecting on 44.0% from the field and 30.2% from three while allowing 39.8% from the floor and 30.6% from three, which lead the league and are second, respectively.
- ODU is grabbing 37.9 boards a game and giving up a league-low 33.4.
- Jeff Jones is in his third season at the helm of the Old Dominion basketball program, where he has a 59-36 (.621) record. In 13 seasons as a head coach, Jones is 416-323 (.563).
- Rice begins a two-game homestand next Thursday, Feb. 18, when it hosts Florida Atlantic. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. CT.