Get Ready For Baseball Alumni Day On Saturday, Feb. 6
Owls Welcome Back All Former Lettermen; It's Game-On For Home Run Derby!
Feb. 1, 2010
HOUSTON - Rice baseball alumni are dusting-off their cleats and putting on their mitts for the biennial Baseball Alumni Day on Saturday (Feb. 6). An alumni-vs.-alumni game and a home run derby are part of a full schedule of events to enjoy Saturday.
The Baseball Alumni Day schedule includes:
* Reckling Park gates opening at 10 am, there is no charge for admission. Concessions and the fan store will be open during the festivities.
* The 2010 Rice baseball team will be greeting fans and signing autographs along the concourse. The Rice Cheerleaders and Sammy the Owl will also be there. Free posters and baseball schedule cards will be available!
* Season ticket holders may pick up their ticket booklets.
* Alumni introductions begin at 11 am with the alumni-alumni game beginning soon afterward.
* The second-annual home run derby will take place after the alumni exhibition. The 2010 Owls' home run derby team will consist of Anthony Rendon, Rick Hague and Steven Sultzbaugh. The varsity sluggers will face a heavy-hitting Rice alumni squad of Aaron Luna, Adam Zornes and Jake Baker.
After a fun afternoon of baseball, Owl fans will have an opportunity to support the Rice men's basketball team as the Blue & Gray continues its C-USA homestand. Rice plays league rival UAB in a 2 pm game at Tudor Fieldhouse.