Jan. 25, 2012
An online Alumni Game registration form for Rice baseball alumni is now accessible through the Rice University Baseball Players Association (RUBPA) website: here
Participating alumni with questions should email Steven Herce.
HOUSTON - The Rice baseball alumni are dusting-off their cleats and putting on their mitts for the biennial Baseball Alumni Weekend on Friday-Saturday (February 3-4).
As part of Alumni Game weekend, Centennial historian Dr. Melissa Kean will deliver the second Rice Baseball Alumni Lecture on Feb. 3 (Fri.) at 6 pm in the Rice Stadium R Room. The topic of her speech will be "The Early History of Rice Athletics and Why It Mattered."
On Saturday (Feb. 4) the attention shifts to Reckling Park for an alumni-vs.-alumni game and an alumni-vs.-varsity home run derby. That's just a part of the activities to enjoy less than two weeks before the Owl varsity takes the field in its 2012 season-opener on Feb. 17.
The Rice Baseball Alumni Game Day schedule includes:
* Reckling Park gates opening at 10 am, there is no charge for admission. Concessions and the fan store will be open during the festivities.
* The 2012 Rice baseball team will be greeting fans and signing autographs along the concourse. The Rice Cheerleaders will be doing face-painting and getting fans in the spirit. Sammy the Owl will also be there to greet kids with free posters and baseball schedule cards!
* Athletics department staff will be on-hand to take season ticket orders.
* Alumni introductions begin at 11 am with the alumni-alumni game.
* For the third time in the event's history there will be a home run derby following the alumni game. The respective teams for home run derby will be announced at a later time.
Rice Baseball Itinerary Update
11/26/2016 - The Rice University baseball team has suspended its scheduled practice Saturday (Nov. 26) and other activities until further notice out of respect ...
Meyers & Moss Combine On 4-Hit Shutout In...
11/25/2016 - The Rice pitching duo of Dane Myers and Addison Moss combined to hold Cuban League team Artemisa to no runs on just four hits as the Owl baseball...
Rice Baseball In Cuba - Day 2
11/24/2016 - The Owls are certainly having a fun, cultural and educational experience in Havana, but there is also the matter of actually playing five games...
Follow Los Buhos in Cuba
11/23/2016 - Updates from the Owls historic trip to Cuba
Baseball Announces Nine New Signees
11/22/2016 - The Rice baseball program has signed nine new standouts in the early period who will join the team for the 2018 season, head coach Wayne Graham...
Los Buhos to visit Cuba
11/21/2016 - The Rice University baseball team will embark on a 12-day trip to Cuba beginning Nov. 23. Los Buhos (The Owls) will play five games against Cuban...
2017 Baseball Schedule Announced
10/07/2016 - A challenging slate of 55 regular season games, including 30 at Reckling Park and another two in the greater Houston area, comprise the Rice...
Play Ball! Rice Baseball Begins Annual Fall...
10/03/2016 - Now entering his 26th season at the helm of the Rice baseball program, Owls head coach Wayne Graham has started the team's 2016 fall training...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store