Jan. 25, 2012
An online Alumni Game registration form for Rice baseball alumni is now accessible through the Rice University Baseball Players Association (RUBPA) website: here
Participating alumni with questions should email Steven Herce.
HOUSTON - The Rice baseball alumni are dusting-off their cleats and putting on their mitts for the biennial Baseball Alumni Weekend on Friday-Saturday (February 3-4).
As part of Alumni Game weekend, Centennial historian Dr. Melissa Kean will deliver the second Rice Baseball Alumni Lecture on Feb. 3 (Fri.) at 6 pm in the Rice Stadium R Room. The topic of her speech will be "The Early History of Rice Athletics and Why It Mattered."
On Saturday (Feb. 4) the attention shifts to Reckling Park for an alumni-vs.-alumni game and an alumni-vs.-varsity home run derby. That's just a part of the activities to enjoy less than two weeks before the Owl varsity takes the field in its 2012 season-opener on Feb. 17.
The Rice Baseball Alumni Game Day schedule includes:
* Reckling Park gates opening at 10 am, there is no charge for admission. Concessions and the fan store will be open during the festivities.
* The 2012 Rice baseball team will be greeting fans and signing autographs along the concourse. The Rice Cheerleaders will be doing face-painting and getting fans in the spirit. Sammy the Owl will also be there to greet kids with free posters and baseball schedule cards!
* Athletics department staff will be on-hand to take season ticket orders.
* Alumni introductions begin at 11 am with the alumni-alumni game.
* For the third time in the event's history there will be a home run derby following the alumni game. The respective teams for home run derby will be announced at a later time.
Rice Selects Daktronics for Reckling Park Upgrade
01/11/2017 - Rice University and Daktronics are partnering to bring a greatly enhanced video presentation to one of college baseball’s iconic venues with ...
Final Day of Activities In Havana
12/01/2016 - The Rice baseball team had another busy day in and around Havana Thursday (Dec. 1), the Owls' last in the capitol before heading to two Cuban...
Rice Baseball Heads To The Cuban Hill Country
11/29/2016 - The Rice baseball team took to the hills of northwest Cuba on Tuesday (Nov. 29) to close out a full week of its educational and visit to the island...
Rendon Named NL Comeback Player of the Year
11/29/2016 - Former Rice All-American Anthony Rendon has been named the 2016 National League Comeback Player of the Year, Major League Baseball announced on...
Rice Baseball Team Catches Havana Sights
11/28/2016 - While the Rice University baseball team won't be completing its five-game baseball tour as the people of Cuba mourn their former leader Fidel...
Owls Take In Cuba’s Culture
11/27/2016 - While the Rice University baseball team won’t be completing its five-game baseball tour out of respect to the people of Cuba as they mourn...
Rice Baseball Itinerary Update
11/26/2016 - The Rice University baseball team has suspended its scheduled practice Saturday (Nov. 26) and other activities until further notice out of respect ...
Meyers & Moss Combine On 4-Hit Shutout In...
11/25/2016 - The Rice pitching duo of Dane Myers and Addison Moss combined to hold Cuban League team Artemisa to no runs on just four hits as the Owl baseball...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store