Rice Baseball Alumni Weekend Set For February 3-4 (Fri.-Sat.)
Owls Welcome Back All Former Lettermen; First Varsity Practice Set For Jan. 27
Jan. 25, 2012
An online Alumni Game registration form for Rice baseball alumni is now accessible through the Rice University Baseball Players Association (RUBPA) website: here
Participating alumni with questions should email Steven Herce.
HOUSTON - The Rice baseball alumni are dusting-off their cleats and putting on their mitts for the biennial Baseball Alumni Weekend on Friday-Saturday (February 3-4).
As part of Alumni Game weekend, Centennial historian Dr. Melissa Kean will deliver the second Rice Baseball Alumni Lecture on Feb. 3 (Fri.) at 6 pm in the Rice Stadium R Room. The topic of her speech will be "The Early History of Rice Athletics and Why It Mattered."
On Saturday (Feb. 4) the attention shifts to Reckling Park for an alumni-vs.-alumni game and an alumni-vs.-varsity home run derby. That's just a part of the activities to enjoy less than two weeks before the Owl varsity takes the field in its 2012 season-opener on Feb. 17.
The Rice Baseball Alumni Game Day schedule includes:
* Reckling Park gates opening at 10 am, there is no charge for admission. Concessions and the fan store will be open during the festivities.
* The 2012 Rice baseball team will be greeting fans and signing autographs along the concourse. The Rice Cheerleaders will be doing face-painting and getting fans in the spirit. Sammy the Owl will also be there to greet kids with free posters and baseball schedule cards!
* Athletics department staff will be on-hand to take season ticket orders.
* Alumni introductions begin at 11 am with the alumni-alumni game.
* For the third time in the event's history there will be a home run derby following the alumni game. The respective teams for home run derby will be announced at a later time.