Jan. 25, 2012
An online Alumni Game registration form for Rice baseball alumni is now accessible through the Rice University Baseball Players Association (RUBPA) website: here
Participating alumni with questions should email Steven Herce.
HOUSTON - The Rice baseball alumni are dusting-off their cleats and putting on their mitts for the biennial Baseball Alumni Weekend on Friday-Saturday (February 3-4).
As part of Alumni Game weekend, Centennial historian Dr. Melissa Kean will deliver the second Rice Baseball Alumni Lecture on Feb. 3 (Fri.) at 6 pm in the Rice Stadium R Room. The topic of her speech will be "The Early History of Rice Athletics and Why It Mattered."
On Saturday (Feb. 4) the attention shifts to Reckling Park for an alumni-vs.-alumni game and an alumni-vs.-varsity home run derby. That's just a part of the activities to enjoy less than two weeks before the Owl varsity takes the field in its 2012 season-opener on Feb. 17.
The Rice Baseball Alumni Game Day schedule includes:
* Reckling Park gates opening at 10 am, there is no charge for admission. Concessions and the fan store will be open during the festivities.
* The 2012 Rice baseball team will be greeting fans and signing autographs along the concourse. The Rice Cheerleaders will be doing face-painting and getting fans in the spirit. Sammy the Owl will also be there to greet kids with free posters and baseball schedule cards!
* Athletics department staff will be on-hand to take season ticket orders.
* Alumni introductions begin at 11 am with the alumni-alumni game.
* For the third time in the event's history there will be a home run derby following the alumni game. The respective teams for home run derby will be announced at a later time.
Friday's Rice Baseball Game Postponed
03/24/2017 - Rice's Conference USA baseball game vs. FIU on Friday (March 24) has been postponed due to weather conditions expected in the Houston area. The...
Owls Return Home To Host FIU
03/23/2017 - After five-straight road games dating back to March 15, the Rice baseball team (6-17 overall and 0-3 in Conference USA) is back home on March 24 to...
Owls Fall Tuesday At No. 23 Texas A&M, 8-5
03/21/2017 - COLLEGE STATION, Texas – No. 23 ranked Texas A&M rallied past the visiting Rice baseball team with six-consecutive runs over the middle...
Owls Conclude Road Swing At Texas A&M
03/20/2017 - The Rice baseball team (6-16 overall) wraps-up a stretch of five-straight rugged road games with a clash at longtime rival Texas A&M on Tuesday (Ma...
ODU Tops Rice Saturday In Series Finale, 2-0
03/18/2017 - Three Old Dominion pitchers combined on a four-hit shutout to help defeat the visiting Rice baseball team 2-0 and complete a three-game Conference ...
Baseball Drops Two One-Run Games At ODU
03/17/2017 - The Rice baseball team had leads in both of the games of the Conference USA double-header at Old Dominion, but the Monarchs slipped away for a pair...
Schedule Changes Announced For ODU Series
03/16/2017 - The Rice baseball team (6-13 overall) opens Conference USA league play with a three-game weekend series at Old Dominion on March 17-18.
Texas State Tops Rice Baseball 13-4 Wednesday...
03/15/2017 - A seven-run fourth inning propelled Texas State past the visiting Rice baseball team 13-4 Wednesday evening at Bobcat Ballpark in San Marcos, Texas.
- Top Videos /
- Online Store