Jan. 25, 2012
An online Alumni Game registration form for Rice baseball alumni is now accessible through the Rice University Baseball Players Association (RUBPA) website: here
Participating alumni with questions should email Steven Herce.
HOUSTON - The Rice baseball alumni are dusting-off their cleats and putting on their mitts for the biennial Baseball Alumni Weekend on Friday-Saturday (February 3-4).
As part of Alumni Game weekend, Centennial historian Dr. Melissa Kean will deliver the second Rice Baseball Alumni Lecture on Feb. 3 (Fri.) at 6 pm in the Rice Stadium R Room. The topic of her speech will be "The Early History of Rice Athletics and Why It Mattered."
On Saturday (Feb. 4) the attention shifts to Reckling Park for an alumni-vs.-alumni game and an alumni-vs.-varsity home run derby. That's just a part of the activities to enjoy less than two weeks before the Owl varsity takes the field in its 2012 season-opener on Feb. 17.
The Rice Baseball Alumni Game Day schedule includes:
* Reckling Park gates opening at 10 am, there is no charge for admission. Concessions and the fan store will be open during the festivities.
* The 2012 Rice baseball team will be greeting fans and signing autographs along the concourse. The Rice Cheerleaders will be doing face-painting and getting fans in the spirit. Sammy the Owl will also be there to greet kids with free posters and baseball schedule cards!
* Athletics department staff will be on-hand to take season ticket orders.
* Alumni introductions begin at 11 am with the alumni-alumni game.
* For the third time in the event's history there will be a home run derby following the alumni game. The respective teams for home run derby will be announced at a later time.
Owls Take Series Finale At Texas, 7-1
02/19/2017 - Sophomore catcher Dominic DiCaprio went 3-for-4 with three RBI, two doubles, a walk and two runs scored while three Owl pitchers combined to hold...
Baseball Falls Saturday In Texas Twinbill
02/19/2017 - The Rice baseball team struck for the lead in both games of Saturday’s double-header at Texas’ UFCU Disch-Falk Field in Austin, but the...
Baseball Wins Season-Opener Friday Night at Texas
02/18/2017 - Junior Dane Myers pitched six quality innings on the mound, had two hits at the plate and scored what proved to be the game-winning run in the top ...
Baseball Opens 2017 Season Friday Night
02/16/2017 - The Rice baseball team, ranked as high as No. 21 in the nation heading into the 2017 campaign, plays its season-opener on Friday (Feb. 17) on the...
Baseball Fanfest Set For Sunday
02/08/2017 - The second-annual Rice Baseball Fanfest, where the public can get up close to the Owls' baseball program, is set for this Sunday (Feb. 12) from 12:...
Batter Up! Owls Hold First Practice For 2017...
01/27/2017 - The Rice baseball team, the Conference USA Preseason favorite according to the league’s head coaches and ranked as high as No. 21 in the...
Baseball Tabbed as Preseason Favorite In C-USA ...
01/25/2017 - With the top two individual preseason all-conference honors, including Glenn Otto as the 2017 Preseason Pitcher of the Year and Ford Proctor as the...
Rice Selects Daktronics for Reckling Park Upgrade
01/11/2017 - Rice University and Daktronics are partnering to bring a greatly enhanced video presentation to one of college baseball’s iconic venues with ...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store