Jan. 25, 2012
An online Alumni Game registration form for Rice baseball alumni is now accessible through the Rice University Baseball Players Association (RUBPA) website: here
Participating alumni with questions should email Steven Herce.
HOUSTON - The Rice baseball alumni are dusting-off their cleats and putting on their mitts for the biennial Baseball Alumni Weekend on Friday-Saturday (February 3-4).
As part of Alumni Game weekend, Centennial historian Dr. Melissa Kean will deliver the second Rice Baseball Alumni Lecture on Feb. 3 (Fri.) at 6 pm in the Rice Stadium R Room. The topic of her speech will be "The Early History of Rice Athletics and Why It Mattered."
On Saturday (Feb. 4) the attention shifts to Reckling Park for an alumni-vs.-alumni game and an alumni-vs.-varsity home run derby. That's just a part of the activities to enjoy less than two weeks before the Owl varsity takes the field in its 2012 season-opener on Feb. 17.
The Rice Baseball Alumni Game Day schedule includes:
* Reckling Park gates opening at 10 am, there is no charge for admission. Concessions and the fan store will be open during the festivities.
* The 2012 Rice baseball team will be greeting fans and signing autographs along the concourse. The Rice Cheerleaders will be doing face-painting and getting fans in the spirit. Sammy the Owl will also be there to greet kids with free posters and baseball schedule cards!
* Athletics department staff will be on-hand to take season ticket orders.
* Alumni introductions begin at 11 am with the alumni-alumni game.
* For the third time in the event's history there will be a home run derby following the alumni game. The respective teams for home run derby will be announced at a later time.
LA Tech Takes First Game of C-USA Series...
05/19/2016 - Louisiana Tech scored 12runs on 12 hits to claim Thursday’s opening game of the Conference USA series over the visiting Rice baseball team 12...
Owls Close Out Regular Season This Weekend at...
05/19/2016 - The Rice baseball team, 32-17 overall and ranked as high as No. 15 in the nation this week by D1Baseball.com, returns to Conference USA league play...
Rice Falls To UH Tuesday Night at Constellation...
05/17/2016 - The University of Houston baseball team broke a 6-6 tie wide-open with 18 late runs off the Rice bullpen for a 24-6 win over the Owls Tuesday...
Silver Glove Finale Set For 6:30 PM at...
05/16/2016 - The Rice baseball team, 32-16 overall and ranked as high as No. 15 in the nation this week by D1Baseball.com, meets crosstown rival Houston on May ...
Final Wayne Graham Radio Show Airs Monday Night
05/16/2016 - The live, weekly Rice baseball radio show featuring the Owls' legendary head coach Wayne Graham returns Monday (May 16) at 7 pm. This show is the...
Sunday Series Finale vs. FAU Cancelled Due To Rain
05/15/2016 - The Rice and visiting FAU baseball teams had Sunday's final game of the Conference USA weekend series cancelled due to rain.
Saturday's Rice-FAU Game To Resume Sunday...
05/14/2016 - Changes have been made to this weekend's Rice and FAU baseball series at Reckling Park due to weather conditions in the Houston area.
Baseball Team Defeats Florida Atlantic Friday...
05/14/2016 - Sophomore leftfielder Tristan Gray went 2-for-5 with a career-high five RBI to help pace the Rice baseball team to a 9-1 victory over visiting...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store