The Women's Athletics Advisory Board ("WAAB") is a volunteer group formed to advise and support the Rice University Athletic Department in its efforts related to women's athletics.
- The WAAB supports Women's Athletics and the Rice Athletic Department in any way possible, with focus on 3 main areas:
- Public Relations
- Acting as a Sounding Board
The role of a WAAB member will include:
- Proposing ideas to the WAAB/SWA/Athletic Department for increasing funds raised for women's athletics
- Advocating for all sports programs at Rice University
- Attending advisory board meetings
- Attending athletic events
- Providing feedback in a timely manner when requested by Athletic Director, Associate Athletic Director, SWA or the advisory board
- Serving on a WAAB committee, as appropriate
- Supporting WAAB events through donation of time
- Liaising with and supporting women's teams and coaches
- Referring and/or recruiting new WAAB members
Ideal Women's Athletics Advisory Board members will possess the following characteristics:
- Enthusiasm for Rice Women's athletics
- Support of Rice Athletics through joining the Owl Club
- Consistent attendance at WAAB meetings, WAAB activities/events and Rice Women's Athletic sports events
- Membership recommendation and invitation by Senior Women's Administrator ("SWA") or Athletic Director
- A positive attitude
Benefits of joining the WAAB include:
- First-hand knowledge of Rice Athletics and association with the teams/school
- Camaraderie with other Rice Athletics supporters
- Parking passes for women's athletic events
- Benefits of the Owl Club at the membership level joined
For more information, please contact Lizzie Yoshida, 713-348-2864.
- Trivia Night - annual fall fundraising event
- Rice Golf Classic - annual golf classic held in the spring as a fundraising event for women's athletics. For more information please see following links: 2016 Rice Golf Classic|Rice Golf Classic |RGC sponsorships | 2014 Photo Gallery
- We Love our Lady Owls - special events scheduled around women's athletic games/competitions to help assist with the promotion of games/competitions and to support the student-athletes
Volleyball Set to Open Season at BYU Invitational
08/25/2016 - W. Volleyball - The Rice volleyball team opens the 2016 season this weekend, beginning on Friday (4 p.m. CT) against Cal Poly in the first of three matches at the ...
C-USA Announces Inaugural Cross Country...
08/24/2016 - W. Cross Country - The Rice University women’s cross country team has been picked by the league coaches to repeat in 2016 according to the inaugural C-USA...
Watch Rice Soccer Online For FREE This Weekend
08/25/2016 - W. Soccer - IRVING, Texas - The Rice soccer team's 2016 home-opener this Friday night vs. HBU will be available online for FREE as part of the CUSA TV sneak...
Owls Host HBU Friday Night
08/24/2016 - W. Soccer - The Rice soccer team hosts its 2016 home-opener this Friday (Aug. 26) against crosstown foe Houston Baptist. Start time is slated for 7 pm at the...
"I look up to those guys, they push me every day."
08/23/2016 - General Release - Zach Wright and Alex Lyons were named captains for the 2016 season
Koulechov to Play in FIBA Qualifier
08/22/2016 - M. Basketball - Rice junior basketball player Egor Koulechov will participate in a FIBA Qualifier for Israel.
Owls Fall Sunday Night At No. 8 Texas A&M
08/22/2016 - W. Soccer - The Rice soccer team was defeated in its first official game of the season Sunday night at No. 8 ranked Texas A&M by a score of 4-1.
Soccer Season Opener Cancelled
08/19/2016 - W. Soccer - The Rice soccer team's 2016 season opener Friday at SMU was cancelled due to weather. The match will not be made up.
- Top Videos /
- Online Store