The Women's Athletics Advisory Board ("WAAB") is a volunteer group formed to advise and support the Rice University Athletic Department in its efforts related to women's athletics.
- The WAAB supports Women's Athletics and the Rice Athletic Department in any way possible, with focus on 3 main areas:
- Public Relations
- Acting as a Sounding Board
The role of a WAAB member will include:
- Proposing ideas to the WAAB/SWA/Athletic Department for increasing funds raised for women's athletics
- Advocating for all sports programs at Rice University
- Attending advisory board meetings
- Attending athletic events
- Providing feedback in a timely manner when requested by Athletic Director, Associate Athletic Director, SWA or the advisory board
- Serving on a WAAB committee, as appropriate
- Supporting WAAB events through donation of time
- Liaising with and supporting women's teams and coaches
- Referring and/or recruiting new WAAB members
Ideal Women's Athletics Advisory Board members will possess the following characteristics:
- Enthusiasm for Rice Women's athletics
- Support of Rice Athletics through joining the Owl Club
- Consistent attendance at WAAB meetings, WAAB activities/events and Rice Women's Athletic sports events
- Membership recommendation and invitation by Senior Women's Administrator ("SWA") or Athletic Director
- A positive attitude
Benefits of joining the WAAB include:
- First-hand knowledge of Rice Athletics and association with the teams/school
- Camaraderie with other Rice Athletics supporters
- Parking passes for women's athletic events
- Benefits of the Owl Club at the membership level joined
For more information, please contact Lizzie Yoshida, 713-348-2864.
- Trivia Night - annual fall fundraising event
- Rice Golf Classic - annual golf classic held in the spring as a fundraising event for women's athletics. For more information please see following links: 2016 Rice Golf Classic|Rice Golf Classic |RGC sponsorships | 2014 Photo Gallery
- We Love our Lady Owls - special events scheduled around women's athletic games/competitions to help assist with the promotion of games/competitions and to support the student-athletes
C-USA Baseball Tournament Begins Wednesday
05/23/2016 - Baseball - The Rice baseball team, 32-20 overall and rated as high as No. 24 in the nation in the latest D1Baseball rankings, is the No. 4 seed of the 2016...
Owls Drop Series Finale Saturday at LA Tech, 10-5
05/21/2016 - Baseball - Louisiana Tech claimed a 10-5 Conference USA win over the visiting Rice baseball team to close out the regular season schedule for both teams...
Roper Tabbed C-USA Female Track Performer of...
05/20/2016 - W. Track - For a second year in a row, Rice junior distance runner Cali Roper secured the Conference USA Outdoor Female Track Performer of the Meet award, the...
Zinko Named Ashe Award Finalist
05/20/2016 - W. Tennis - Rice senior Solomiya Zinko, who became the first women's tennis player to win four Conference USA titles in her career, has been named a finalist...
Rice Falls In 15 Innings Friday Night at LA...
05/20/2016 - Baseball - Louisiana Tech rallied for a pair of runs in the bottom of the 15th inning to take a 4-3 win over the visiting Rice baseball team late Friday night...
LA Tech Takes First Game of C-USA Series...
05/19/2016 - Baseball - Louisiana Tech scored 12runs on 12 hits to claim Thursday's opening game of the Conference USA series over the visiting Rice baseball team 12-2 in ...
Owls Close Out Regular Season This Weekend at...
05/19/2016 - Baseball - The Rice baseball team, 32-17 overall and ranked as high as No. 15 in the nation this week by D1Baseball.com, returns to Conference USA league play...
Rice Track & Field Qualifies 12 for NCAA West...
05/19/2016 - W. Track - Entrants for the 2016 NCAA West Preliminary Championships were finalized Thursday and the Rice University track and field programs will send a...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store