The Women's Athletics Advisory Board ("WAAB") is a volunteer group formed to advise and support the Rice University Athletic Department in its efforts related to women's athletics.
- The WAAB supports Women's Athletics and the Rice Athletic Department in any way possible, with focus on 3 main areas:
- Public Relations
- Acting as a Sounding Board
The role of a WAAB member will include:
- Proposing ideas to the WAAB/SWA/Athletic Department for increasing funds raised for women's athletics
- Advocating for all sports programs at Rice University
- Attending advisory board meetings
- Attending athletic events
- Providing feedback in a timely manner when requested by Athletic Director, Associate Athletic Director, SWA or the advisory board
- Serving on a WAAB committee, as appropriate
- Supporting WAAB events through donation of time
- Liaising with and supporting women's teams and coaches
- Referring and/or recruiting new WAAB members
Ideal Women's Athletics Advisory Board members will possess the following characteristics:
- Enthusiasm for Rice Women's athletics
- Support of Rice Athletics through joining the Owl Club
- Consistent attendance at WAAB meetings, WAAB activities/events and Rice Women's Athletic sports events
- Membership recommendation and invitation by Senior Women's Administrator ("SWA") or Athletic Director
- A positive attitude
Benefits of joining the WAAB include:
- First-hand knowledge of Rice Athletics and association with the teams/school
- Camaraderie with other Rice Athletics supporters
- Parking passes for women's athletic events
- Benefits of the Owl Club at the membership level joined
For more information, please contact Lizzie Yoshida, 713-348-2864.
- Trivia Night - annual fall fundraising event
- Rice Golf Classic - annual golf classic held in the spring as a fundraising event for women's athletics. For more information please see following links: 2016 Rice Golf Classic|Rice Golf Classic |RGC sponsorships | 2014 Photo Gallery
- We Love our Lady Owls - special events scheduled around women's athletic games/competitions to help assist with the promotion of games/competitions and to support the student-athletes
Soccer Schedule Announced; Season Tickets...
06/23/2016 - W. Soccer - Season tickets for Rice soccer, featuring home games at the Owls' new on-campus soccer venue, are now available for the team's 2016 schedule...
Two Owls Earn CSCAA Scholar All-America Honors
06/22/2016 - W. Swimming - Rice's Alicia Caldwell and Marie-Claire Schillinger have both been named to the College Swimming and Coaches Association of America (CSCAA) Scholar...
Expanded Selections Await at ShopRiceOwls.com
06/20/2016 - Marketing - Rice fans looking for a one-stop shopping option for the latest in Owls gear have an exciting new option with the launch of ShopRiceOwls.com, the ...
Zinko Named 2016 Castañeda Postgraduate...
06/20/2016 - W. Tennis - Rice tennis player Solomiya Zinko, who played a key role in four consecutive Conference USA Women’s Tennis championships while also serving...
Boys of Summer-ball; Weekly Update
06/20/2016 - Baseball - Rice baseball players are staying busy this summer playing in a host of collegiate leagues across the country. Here's a weekly look at the Owls'...
Filip Wins Gold at Pan Am Combined Events Cup
06/18/2016 - M. Track - Rice junior All-American Scott Filip racked up a career-best 7726 points while representing the United States to capture gold and win the decathlon...
Catching Up With Tony Cingrani
06/18/2016 - Baseball - Former Rice Owl and current major league reliever Tony Cingrani checked-in during the Cincinnati Red’s recent stop in Houston to play the...
Lyons Leads Six Owls on Athlon’s...
06/17/2016 - Football - Senior linebacker Alex Lyons leads a group of six Rice players who have been named by Athlon Sports to its preseason All-Conference USA team, which...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store