The Women's Athletics Advisory Board ("WAAB") is a volunteer group formed to advise and support the Rice University Athletic Department in its efforts related to women's athletics.
- The WAAB supports Women's Athletics and the Rice Athletic Department in any way possible, with focus on 3 main areas:
- Public Relations
- Acting as a Sounding Board
The role of a WAAB member will include:
- Proposing ideas to the WAAB/SWA/Athletic Department for increasing funds raised for women's athletics
- Advocating for all sports programs at Rice University
- Attending advisory board meetings
- Attending athletic events
- Providing feedback in a timely manner when requested by Athletic Director, Associate Athletic Director, SWA or the advisory board
- Serving on a WAAB committee, as appropriate
- Supporting WAAB events through donation of time
- Liaising with and supporting women's teams and coaches
- Referring and/or recruiting new WAAB members
Ideal Women's Athletics Advisory Board members will possess the following characteristics:
- Enthusiasm for Rice Women's athletics
- Support of Rice Athletics through joining the Owl Club
- Consistent attendance at WAAB meetings, WAAB activities/events and Rice Women's Athletic sports events
- Membership recommendation and invitation by Senior Women's Administrator ("SWA") or Athletic Director
- A positive attitude
Benefits of joining the WAAB include:
- First-hand knowledge of Rice Athletics and association with the teams/school
- Camaraderie with other Rice Athletics supporters
- Parking passes for women's athletic events
- Benefits of the Owl Club at the membership level joined
For more information, please contact Lizzie Yoshida, 713-348-2864.
- Trivia Night - annual fall fundraising event
- Rice Golf Classic - annual golf classic held in the spring as a fundraising event for women's athletics. For more information please see following links: 2016 Rice Golf Classic|Rice Golf Classic |RGC sponsorships | 2014 Photo Gallery
- We Love our Lady Owls - special events scheduled around women's athletic games/competitions to help assist with the promotion of games/competitions and to support the student-athletes
Karakolis Selected C-USA Athlete of the Week
Ferris Named Head Coach at William & Mary
04/27/2016 - W. Volleyball - Former Rice associate head coach Melissa Ferris was named the head volleyball of William & Mary, the school announced on Wednesday.
Obiozor Earns C-USA Athlete of the Week Honors
04/26/2016 - W. Track - Rice junior jumper Cybil Obiozor was named the Conference USA Female Field Athlete of the Week, the league office announced on Tuesday.
Meissner Finishes Strong at C-USA Championship
04/26/2016 - M. Golf - Mitchell Meissner fired an even par 72 to finish tied for 13th-place at the Conference USA Championship, played at the par-72, 6,969-yard Texarkana...
Brenton Saylor Joins Rice Soccer Program as...
04/25/2016 - W. Soccer - Brenton Saylor has joined the Rice soccer staff as an assistant coach, Owl head coach Nicky Adams announced on Monday (April 25).
Golf Heads into Final Day of C-USA Championship...
04/25/2016 - M. Golf - Rice will enter the final day of the Conference USA Men's Golf Championship in 11th-place. The tournament will be played at the par-72, 6,969-yard ...
Energized Owls Race to First Title Since 2010
04/24/2016 - M. Tennis - Spurred on by a raucous crowd of 537, the 26th ranked Rice men's tennis team rode a blistering start in doubles and the steady play of their lineup...
Smith Clinches Historic Fourth Title for Owls
04/24/2016 - W. Tennis - Freshman Emily Smith roared back from an opening set defeat to provide the clinching point as the Rice women's tennis team became the first team to...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store