The Women's Athletics Advisory Board ("WAAB") is a volunteer group formed to advise and support the Rice University Athletic Department in its efforts related to women's athletics.
- The WAAB supports Women's Athletics and the Rice Athletic Department in any way possible, with focus on 3 main areas:
- Public Relations
- Acting as a Sounding Board
The role of a WAAB member will include:
- Proposing ideas to the WAAB/SWA/Athletic Department for increasing funds raised for women's athletics
- Advocating for all sports programs at Rice University
- Attending advisory board meetings
- Attending athletic events
- Providing feedback in a timely manner when requested by Athletic Director, Associate Athletic Director, SWA or the advisory board
- Serving on a WAAB committee, as appropriate
- Supporting WAAB events through donation of time
- Liaising with and supporting women's teams and coaches
- Referring and/or recruiting new WAAB members
Ideal Women's Athletics Advisory Board members will possess the following characteristics:
- Enthusiasm for Rice Women's athletics
- Support of Rice Athletics through joining the Owl Club
- Consistent attendance at WAAB meetings, WAAB activities/events and Rice Women's Athletic sports events
- Membership recommendation and invitation by Senior Women's Administrator ("SWA") or Athletic Director
- A positive attitude
Benefits of joining the WAAB include:
- First-hand knowledge of Rice Athletics and association with the teams/school
- Camaraderie with other Rice Athletics supporters
- Parking passes for women's athletic events
- Benefits of the Owl Club at the membership level joined
For more information, please contact Lizzie Yoshida, 713-348-2864.
- Trivia Night - annual fall fundraising event
- Rice Golf Classic - annual golf classic held in the spring as a fundraising event for women's athletics. For more information please see following links: 2016 Rice Golf Classic|Rice Golf Classic |RGC sponsorships | 2014 Photo Gallery
- We Love our Lady Owls - special events scheduled around women's athletic games/competitions to help assist with the promotion of games/competitions and to support the student-athletes
Bevan Announces Emily Massad Rabbitt Award
07/21/2016 - W. Track - Rice University women’s track & field/cross country head coach Jim Bevan announced on Tuesday the creation of the Emily Massad Rabbitt Award.
Rice Remembers Hally Beth Poindexter
07/20/2016 - General Release - Dr. Hally Beth Walker Poindexter (Rice, 1947), who worked tirelessly to establish women’s intercollegiate athletics at Rice University, will ...
Lyons Tabbed by C-USA Coaches
07/20/2016 - Football - Rice senior linebacker Alex Lyons, who has led the Owls in tackles in each of the last two seasons, has been named to the 2016 preseason Coaches...
Reilly Qualifies for U.S. Amateur
07/20/2016 - M. Golf - Kevin Reilly, who will be a senior on the Rice golf team this fall, finished in the top three of the U.S. Amateur qualifying tournament played at...
Langley Announces 2016-17 Non-Conference Schedule
07/20/2016 - W. Basketball - Rice University head women’s basketball coach Tina Langley has announced the upcoming 2016-17 non-conference basketball schedule, which...
MacFarlane, Ip Named C-USA Scholar-Athletes of ...
07/19/2016 - W. Track - Belle MacFarlane and Katherine Ip have been named recipients of the 2015-16 Conference USA Scholar Athlete of the Year awards for their respective ...
Football Mini-Plans Now on Sale
07/18/2016 - Football - Rice Football fans now have the opportunity to create their own package of reserved seats for the 2016 football season by taking advantage of the...
Dillard Named to a Pair of Watch Lists
07/17/2016 - Football - Senior running back Darik Dillard was named to the Wuerffel Trophy Watch List while also being named as a nominee for the 25th annual Allstate AFCA...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store