The Women's Athletics Advisory Board ("WAAB") is a volunteer group formed to advise and support the Rice University Athletic Department in its efforts related to women's athletics.
- The WAAB supports Women's Athletics and the Rice Athletic Department in any way possible, with focus on 3 main areas:
- Public Relations
- Acting as a Sounding Board
The role of a WAAB member will include:
- Proposing ideas to the WAAB/SWA/Athletic Department for increasing funds raised for women's athletics
- Advocating for all sports programs at Rice University
- Attending advisory board meetings
- Attending athletic events
- Providing feedback in a timely manner when requested by Athletic Director, Associate Athletic Director, SWA or the advisory board
- Serving on a WAAB committee, as appropriate
- Supporting WAAB events through donation of time
- Liaising with and supporting women's teams and coaches
- Referring and/or recruiting new WAAB members
Ideal Women's Athletics Advisory Board members will possess the following characteristics:
- Enthusiasm for Rice Women's athletics
- Support of Rice Athletics through joining the Owl Club
- Consistent attendance at WAAB meetings, WAAB activities/events and Rice Women's Athletic sports events
- Membership recommendation and invitation by Senior Women's Administrator ("SWA") or Athletic Director
- A positive attitude
Benefits of joining the WAAB include:
- First-hand knowledge of Rice Athletics and association with the teams/school
- Camaraderie with other Rice Athletics supporters
- Parking passes for women's athletic events
- Benefits of the Owl Club at the membership level joined
For more information, please contact Lizzie Yoshida, 713-348-2864.
- Trivia Night - annual fall fundraising event
- Rice Golf Classic - annual golf classic held in the spring as a fundraising event for women's athletics. For more information please see following links: 2017 Rice Golf Classic|Rice Golf Classic
- We Love our Lady Owls - special events scheduled around women's athletic games/competitions to help assist with the promotion of games/competitions and to support the student-athletes
Wayne Graham Radio Show Returns Monday Night
04/24/2017 - Baseball - The weekly Rice baseball radio show featuring the Owls' legendary head coach Wayne Graham returns Monday (April 24) at 7 pm. This is the fifth show...
Owls Get Offensive To Complete Series Sweep
04/22/2017 - Baseball - The Rice baseball team got offensive Saturday, combining for 23 runs on 27 hits including three home runs, to take both games of a Conference USA...
Warren Aces Semifinal Test
04/22/2017 - M. Tennis - David Warren blasted a pair service aces to thwart a Middle Tennessee rally and send the Rice men’s tennis team back to a third consecutive...
Owls Earn Sixth Consecutive C-USA Final Berth
04/22/2017 - W. Tennis - Lindsey Hodge downed her second straight nationally-ranked opponent as the Rice women’s tennis team earned a trip to a sixth consecutive...
Jackson Breaks 200m School Record
04/23/2017 - W. Track - Rice redshirt freshman Hannah Jackson established a new Rice record in the 200m dash to highlight an all-around solid day for the Owls at Saturday&...
Golf Readies for Conference USA Championship
04/22/2017 - M. Golf - Coming off a victory at the Jim West Intercollegiate, Rice looks to take its strong play into the Conference USA Championship, played Sunday-Wedne...
Owls Shine in Throws at J. Fred Duckett Twilight
04/23/2017 - M. Track - The Rice Owls men’s track & field team won four events and performed extraordinarily well in the throwing events Saturday at the 14th annual ...
Gray Blasts Two Homers As Rice Defeats WKU 8-4
04/21/2017 - Baseball - By the time the rain started to come down a little harder in the later innings - hard enough to postpone the second game of an attempted Conference...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store