The Women's Athletics Advisory Board ("WAAB") is a volunteer group formed to advise and support the Rice University Athletic Department in its efforts related to women's athletics.
- The WAAB supports Women's Athletics and the Rice Athletic Department in any way possible, with focus on 3 main areas:
- Public Relations
- Acting as a Sounding Board
The role of a WAAB member will include:
- Proposing ideas to the WAAB/SWA/Athletic Department for increasing funds raised for women's athletics
- Advocating for all sports programs at Rice University
- Attending advisory board meetings
- Attending athletic events
- Providing feedback in a timely manner when requested by Athletic Director, Associate Athletic Director, SWA or the advisory board
- Serving on a WAAB committee, as appropriate
- Supporting WAAB events through donation of time
- Liaising with and supporting women's teams and coaches
- Referring and/or recruiting new WAAB members
Ideal Women's Athletics Advisory Board members will possess the following characteristics:
- Enthusiasm for Rice Women's athletics
- Support of Rice Athletics through joining the Owl Club
- Consistent attendance at WAAB meetings, WAAB activities/events and Rice Women's Athletic sports events
- Membership recommendation and invitation by Senior Women's Administrator ("SWA") or Athletic Director
- A positive attitude
Benefits of joining the WAAB include:
- First-hand knowledge of Rice Athletics and association with the teams/school
- Camaraderie with other Rice Athletics supporters
- Parking passes for women's athletic events
- Benefits of the Owl Club at the membership level joined
For more information, please contact Lizzie Yoshida, 713-348-2864.
- Trivia Night - annual fall fundraising event
- Rice Golf Classic - annual golf classic held in the spring as a fundraising event for women's athletics. For more information please see following links: 2016 Rice Golf Classic|Rice Golf Classic |RGC sponsorships | 2014 Photo Gallery
- We Love our Lady Owls - special events scheduled around women's athletic games/competitions to help assist with the promotion of games/competitions and to support the student-athletes
Isokpunwu Named C-USA Soccer Defender of the Week
10/24/2016 - W. Soccer - Senior Jasmine Isokpunwu has been named the Conference USA Soccer Defensive Player of the Week, the league office announced from its headquarters...
Volleyball Uses Balanced Attack to Defeat Miners
10/23/2016 - W. Volleyball - The Rice Owls volleyball team bounced back from a disappointing 3-0 loss at UTSA on Friday with a 3-1 triumph (22-25, 25-13, 25-14, 25-18) over the...
Rice Blanks Charlotte 2-0 For Sixth-Straight Win
10/23/2016 - W. Soccer - Goals by Marissa Topolski and Jasmine Isokpunwu paced the Rice soccer team to its sixth win in a row with a 2-0 Conference USA shutout victory over...
Stehling's Career Day Leads Owls to Homecoming ...
10/22/2016 - Football - Tyler Stehling threw for five touchdowns and caught a sixth while becoming the fourth quarterback in school history to throw for more than 400...
Malik and Rutledge See ITA Run End on Saturday
10/22/2016 - M. Tennis - Jamie Malik picked up a pair of wins, but his bid to move on in the ITA Texas Regional ended on Saturday with losses in both singles and doubles.
Hodge and Zhang Fall in Regional Round of 16
10/22/2016 - W. Tennis - Lindsey Hodge and Wendy Zhang both dropped their third round singles matches while Hodge and Priya Niezgoda saw their doubles run end in the...
Owls Win Fifth-Straight, Punch Ticket To C-USA ...
10/21/2016 - W. Soccer - Second half goals by Aliza Wolfe and Nia Stallings helped lift the Rice soccer team to a 2-0 Conference USA shutout victory at home Friday night at...
Roadrunners Defeat Owls in Straight Sets
10/21/2016 - W. Volleyball - Chelsey Harris recorded a team high 13 kills (.321) for the Rice Owls Friday evening but it wasn’t enough to slow down the UTSA Roadrunners...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store