The Women's Athletics Advisory Board ("WAAB") is a volunteer group formed to advise and support the Rice University Athletic Department in its efforts related to women's athletics.
- The WAAB supports Women's Athletics and the Rice Athletic Department in any way possible, with focus on 3 main areas:
- Public Relations
- Acting as a Sounding Board
The role of a WAAB member will include:
- Proposing ideas to the WAAB/SWA/Athletic Department for increasing funds raised for women's athletics
- Advocating for all sports programs at Rice University
- Attending advisory board meetings
- Attending athletic events
- Providing feedback in a timely manner when requested by Athletic Director, Associate Athletic Director, SWA or the advisory board
- Serving on a WAAB committee, as appropriate
- Supporting WAAB events through donation of time
- Liaising with and supporting women's teams and coaches
- Referring and/or recruiting new WAAB members
Ideal Women's Athletics Advisory Board members will possess the following characteristics:
- Enthusiasm for Rice Women's athletics
- Support of Rice Athletics through joining the Owl Club
- Consistent attendance at WAAB meetings, WAAB activities/events and Rice Women's Athletic sports events
- Membership recommendation and invitation by Senior Women's Administrator ("SWA") or Athletic Director
- A positive attitude
Benefits of joining the WAAB include:
- First-hand knowledge of Rice Athletics and association with the teams/school
- Camaraderie with other Rice Athletics supporters
- Parking passes for women's athletic events
- Benefits of the Owl Club at the membership level joined
For more information, please contact Lizzie Yoshida, 713-348-2864.
- Trivia Night - annual fall fundraising event
- Rice Golf Classic - annual golf classic held in the spring as a fundraising event for women's athletics. For more information please see following links: 2016 Rice Golf Classic|Rice Golf Classic |RGC sponsorships | 2014 Photo Gallery
- We Love our Lady Owls - special events scheduled around women's athletic games/competitions to help assist with the promotion of games/competitions and to support the student-athletes
Owls Open Dual Slate with Shutout
01/21/2017 - W. Tennis - The Rice women’s tennis team opened its 2017 dual campaign in impressive fashion, racing to a 7-0 win over the Lamar Cardinals at the George ...
Aggies Open Busy Weekend of Tennis
01/21/2017 - M. Tennis - The Rice men’s tennis team opens a flurry of weekend dual action when they host 16th ranked Texas A&M at the George R. Brown Tennis Center at...
Owls Host Lamar in Dual Opener
01/21/2017 - W. Tennis - The Rice women’s tennis team will open its 2017 dual season in familiar fashion by hosting the Lamar Cardinals at 5 p.m. on Saturday at the...
Men's Basketball Looks to Get Back on Track at ...
01/20/2017 - M. Basketball - Rice looks to turn things around this Saturday, Jan. 21, when it travels to Hattiesburg, Miss., to face Southern Miss. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. CT...
Turnovers Lead to Loss at Louisiana Tech, 74-64
01/19/2017 - M. Basketball - Louisiana Tech scored 33 points off of 23 Rice turnovers as the Owls fell behind early and could never catch up, dropping a 74-64 decision,...
Women's Basketball Returns to Action Saturday...
01/20/2017 - W. Basketball - The Rice Owls women’s basketball squad closes out a quick two-game homestand on Saturday when they host the Southern Miss Lady Eagles at 2 p.m.
Owls Fall to Lady Techsters in OT, 70-67
01/19/2017 - W. Basketball - A valiant Rice Owls women’s basketball team’s comeback came up just short Thursday evening, dropping a 70-67 decision in overtime to...
Bailiff Announces New Defensive Staff Members
01/18/2017 - Football - Brian Stewart, who has coordinated defenses at both the NFL and FBS levels, and Scott Vestal, who has coached defensive backs in both the Big 12...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store