The Women's Athletics Advisory Board ("WAAB") is a volunteer group formed to advise and support the Rice University Athletic Department in its efforts related to women's athletics.
- The WAAB supports Women's Athletics and the Rice Athletic Department in any way possible, with focus on 3 main areas:
- Public Relations
- Acting as a Sounding Board
The role of a WAAB member will include:
- Proposing ideas to the WAAB/SWA/Athletic Department for increasing funds raised for women's athletics
- Advocating for all sports programs at Rice University
- Attending advisory board meetings
- Attending athletic events
- Providing feedback in a timely manner when requested by Athletic Director, Associate Athletic Director, SWA or the advisory board
- Serving on a WAAB committee, as appropriate
- Supporting WAAB events through donation of time
- Liaising with and supporting women's teams and coaches
- Referring and/or recruiting new WAAB members
Ideal Women's Athletics Advisory Board members will possess the following characteristics:
- Enthusiasm for Rice Women's athletics
- Support of Rice Athletics through joining the Owl Club
- Consistent attendance at WAAB meetings, WAAB activities/events and Rice Women's Athletic sports events
- Membership recommendation and invitation by Senior Women's Administrator ("SWA") or Athletic Director
- A positive attitude
Benefits of joining the WAAB include:
- First-hand knowledge of Rice Athletics and association with the teams/school
- Camaraderie with other Rice Athletics supporters
- Parking passes for women's athletic events
- Benefits of the Owl Club at the membership level joined
For more information, please contact Lizzie Yoshida, 713-348-2864.
- Trivia Night - annual fall fundraising event
- Rice Golf Classic - annual golf classic held in the spring as a fundraising event for women's athletics. For more information please see following links: 2016 Rice Golf Classic|Rice Golf Classic |RGC sponsorships | 2014 Photo Gallery
- We Love our Lady Owls - special events scheduled around women's athletic games/competitions to help assist with the promotion of games/competitions and to support the student-athletes
Rice Drops Heartbreaker to Texas Tech, 85-84
12/03/2016 - M. Basketball - Rice (6-2) was led by 27 points from Marcus Evans and 25 points and six rebounds by Egor Koulechov.
Texas A&M Tops Rice In Dual Meet
12/03/2016 - W. Swimming - The No. 5 ranked Texas A&M swim team claimed a dual meet victory over the Rice Owls by a score of 150.5 to 99.5 on Saturday (Dec. 3) in College...
Dates Set For Rice Baseball Winter Camps
12/05/2016 - Baseball - The dates for the 2016 Rice Owls Winter Baseball Camps have been set for Dec. 12-21.
Final Day of Activities In Havana
12/01/2016 - Baseball - The Rice baseball team had another busy day in and around Havana Thursday (Dec. 1), the Owls' last in the capitol before heading to two Cuban...
Ellerbee Named to C-USA All-Academic Squad
12/01/2016 - Football - Rice junior linebacker Emmanuel Ellerbee, who led Conference USA in tackles in his first year as a starter, has been honored for his excellence...
Men’s Basketball Travels to Texas Tech
12/02/2016 - M. Basketball - Rice goes back on the road this Saturday, Dec. 3, when it travels to Lubbock to face former Southwest Conference foe Texas Tech. Tip-off is set for...
Women's Basketball Travels to Incarnate Word...
12/01/2016 - W. Basketball - Out to their best start through six games (4-2) since the 2011-12 season, the Rice Owls head to San Antonio this weekend to face the Incarnate Word...
Chad Lott Nominated for NABC Good Works Team
11/30/2016 - M. Basketball - Redshirt freshman Chad Lott was named a nominee to the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) Good Works Team, announced Wednesday...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store