The Women's Athletics Advisory Board ("WAAB") is a volunteer group formed to advise and support the Rice University Athletic Department in its efforts related to women's athletics.
- The WAAB supports Women's Athletics and the Rice Athletic Department in any way possible, with focus on 3 main areas:
- Public Relations
- Acting as a Sounding Board
The role of a WAAB member will include:
- Proposing ideas to the WAAB/SWA/Athletic Department for increasing funds raised for women's athletics
- Advocating for all sports programs at Rice University
- Attending advisory board meetings
- Attending athletic events
- Providing feedback in a timely manner when requested by Athletic Director, Associate Athletic Director, SWA or the advisory board
- Serving on a WAAB committee, as appropriate
- Supporting WAAB events through donation of time
- Liaising with and supporting women's teams and coaches
- Referring and/or recruiting new WAAB members
Ideal Women's Athletics Advisory Board members will possess the following characteristics:
- Enthusiasm for Rice Women's athletics
- Support of Rice Athletics through joining the Owl Club
- Consistent attendance at WAAB meetings, WAAB activities/events and Rice Women's Athletic sports events
- Membership recommendation and invitation by Senior Women's Administrator ("SWA") or Athletic Director
- A positive attitude
Benefits of joining the WAAB include:
- First-hand knowledge of Rice Athletics and association with the teams/school
- Camaraderie with other Rice Athletics supporters
- Parking passes for women's athletic events
- Benefits of the Owl Club at the membership level joined
For more information, please contact Lizzie Yoshida, 713-348-2864.
- Trivia Night - annual fall fundraising event
- Rice Golf Classic - annual golf classic held in the spring as a fundraising event for women's athletics. For more information please see following links: 2017 Rice Golf Classic|Rice Golf Classic
- We Love our Lady Owls - special events scheduled around women's athletic games/competitions to help assist with the promotion of games/competitions and to support the student-athletes
Hodge Third Owl to Earn C-USA Honor
03/21/2017 - W. Tennis - Rice junior Lindsey Hodge has been named Conference USA’s Women’s Tennis Athlete of the Week, becoming the third member of the Owls to ...
Golf Takes 13th-Place at Lone Star Invitational
03/21/2017 - M. Golf - Rice shot a final round 287 to finish 10-over par in 13th-place at the Lone Star Invitational, played at the par-72, 7,247-yard Briggs Ranch Golf...
Rice Falls to Utah Valley, 85-79 in CBI...
03/20/2017 - M. Basketball - Rice placed six players in double-figures, but it was not enough as the Owls fell, 85-79, to Utah Valley in the CBI Quarterfinals, Monday night at ...
Golf in 13th after Two Rounds of Lone Star...
03/21/2017 - M. Golf - Rice is in 13th-place heading into the final round of the Lone Star Invitational, played at the par-72, 7,247-yard Briggs Ranch Golf Club.
Men’s Hoops Hosts Utah Valley in...
03/19/2017 - M. Basketball - Rice will host Utah Valley in the quarterfinals of the College Basketball Invitational presented by Five Four, this Monday, Mar. 20. Tip-off is...
Goodwine, Grigsby lead Owls to WBI Semifinals
03/19/2017 - W. Basketball - The Rice Owls women’s basketball team reached the 20-win plateau for the first time since the 2004-05 season with a 73-63 victory over UT Rio...
Owls Conclude Road Swing At Texas A&M
03/20/2017 - Baseball - The Rice baseball team (6-16 overall) wraps-up a stretch of five-straight rugged road games with a clash at longtime rival Texas A&M on Tuesday (Ma...
Golf Travels to San Antonio for Lone Star...
03/19/2017 - M. Golf - Rice will travel to San Antonio this Sunday-Monday, Mar. 20-21, for the Lone Star Invitational. The tournament will be played at the par-72, 7,247-...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store