The Women's Athletics Advisory Board ("WAAB") is a volunteer group formed to advise and support the Rice University Athletic Department in its efforts related to women's athletics.
- The WAAB supports Women's Athletics and the Rice Athletic Department in any way possible, with focus on 3 main areas:
- Public Relations
- Acting as a Sounding Board
The role of a WAAB member will include:
- Proposing ideas to the WAAB/SWA/Athletic Department for increasing funds raised for women's athletics
- Advocating for all sports programs at Rice University
- Attending advisory board meetings
- Attending athletic events
- Providing feedback in a timely manner when requested by Athletic Director, Associate Athletic Director, SWA or the advisory board
- Serving on a WAAB committee, as appropriate
- Supporting WAAB events through donation of time
- Liaising with and supporting women's teams and coaches
- Referring and/or recruiting new WAAB members
Ideal Women's Athletics Advisory Board members will possess the following characteristics:
- Enthusiasm for Rice Women's athletics
- Support of Rice Athletics through joining the Owl Club
- Consistent attendance at WAAB meetings, WAAB activities/events and Rice Women's Athletic sports events
- Membership recommendation and invitation by Senior Women's Administrator ("SWA") or Athletic Director
- A positive attitude
Benefits of joining the WAAB include:
- First-hand knowledge of Rice Athletics and association with the teams/school
- Camaraderie with other Rice Athletics supporters
- Parking passes for women's athletic events
- Benefits of the Owl Club at the membership level joined
For more information, please contact Lizzie Yoshida, 713-348-2864.
- Trivia Night - annual fall fundraising event
- Rice Golf Classic - annual golf classic held in the spring as a fundraising event for women's athletics. For more information please see following links: 2015 Rice Golf Classic|Registration Form |2015 Sponsorship Packages | 2014 Photo Gallery
- We Love our Lady Owls - special events scheduled around women's athletic games/competitions to help assist with the promotion of games/competitions and to support the student-athletes
Owls Rally Falls Short at McNeese St.
Baseball Announces Latest Signing Class
11/24/2015 - Baseball - The Rice baseball program has signed ten new standouts in the early period who will join the team for the 2017 season, head coach Wayne Graham...
Owls Head to McNeese State on Wednesday
11/24/2015 - W. Basketball - The Rice Owls make their third appearance away from Tudor Fieldhouse this season on Wednesday when they face the McNeese St. Cowgirls of the...
David Bailiff Press Conference Quotes
11/23/2015 - Football - Coach Bailiff held his weekly press conference prior to the Charlotte game.
Caldwell Named C-USA Swimmer of the Week
11/24/2015 - W. Swimming - Rice sophomore Alicia Caldwell has been named the C-USA Swimmer of the Week for Nov. 17-23, the league office announced Tuesday (Nov. 24) from its ...
Fresno State Pulls Away from Rice, 82-65
11/22/2015 - M. Basketball - For the second straight game ,Rice started out hot, but could not keep it going, as Fresno State snapped a five-game losing streak to the Owls, 82-...
UTSA Ends Owls' Pursuit of Fourth Consecutive Bowl
11/21/2015 - Football - The Rice Owls saw their hopes of extending Conference USA's longest active bowl streak come to an end as UTSA used a pair of second quarter...
Rice Wins Team Title at UH Invitational
11/21/2015 - W. Swimming - Sophomore Alicia Caldwell won the 200-yard backstroke with an NCAA provisional qualifying time of 1:57.19 to help the Rice swimmers take home the...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store