The Women's Athletics Advisory Board ("WAAB") is a volunteer group formed to advise and support the Rice University Athletic Department in its efforts related to women's athletics.
- The WAAB supports Women's Athletics and the Rice Athletic Department in any way possible, with focus on 3 main areas:
- Public Relations
- Acting as a Sounding Board
The role of a WAAB member will include:
- Proposing ideas to the WAAB/SWA/Athletic Department for increasing funds raised for women's athletics
- Advocating for all sports programs at Rice University
- Attending advisory board meetings
- Attending athletic events
- Providing feedback in a timely manner when requested by Athletic Director, Associate Athletic Director, SWA or the advisory board
- Serving on a WAAB committee, as appropriate
- Supporting WAAB events through donation of time
- Liaising with and supporting women's teams and coaches
- Referring and/or recruiting new WAAB members
Ideal Women's Athletics Advisory Board members will possess the following characteristics:
- Enthusiasm for Rice Women's athletics
- Support of Rice Athletics through joining the Owl Club
- Consistent attendance at WAAB meetings, WAAB activities/events and Rice Women's Athletic sports events
- Membership recommendation and invitation by Senior Women's Administrator ("SWA") or Athletic Director
- A positive attitude
Benefits of joining the WAAB include:
- First-hand knowledge of Rice Athletics and association with the teams/school
- Camaraderie with other Rice Athletics supporters
- Parking passes for women's athletic events
- Benefits of the Owl Club at the membership level joined
For more information, please contact Lizzie Yoshida, 713-348-2864.
- Trivia Night - annual fall fundraising event
- Rice Golf Classic - annual golf classic held in the spring as a fundraising event for women's athletics. For more information please see following links: 2015 Rice Golf Classic|Registration Form |2015 Sponsorship Packages | 2014 Photo Gallery
- We Love our Lady Owls - special events scheduled around women's athletic games/competitions to help assist with the promotion of games/competitions and to support the student-athletes
David Bailiff Radio Show Moves to the Gorgeous ...
08/26/2015 - Football - The sixth season of David Bailiff's one-hour radio show returns for the 2015 season this Monday, August 31, and will continue each Monday of game...
Enhanced Tailgating Options Await Football Fans
08/26/2015 - Football - Rice Football fans will find their enhanced and expanded tailgating options available when the Owls open their 2015 campaign on September 5 against...
Soccer Team Plays Friday In Corpus-Christi;...
08/25/2015 - W. Soccer - The Rice soccer team is off campus for a pair games this weekend. The Owls (1-1-0 overall) play on the road at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on Friday (...
Rice Athletics launches inaugural AD podcast
08/25/2015 - General Release - Rice Athletics is excited to announce the release of the inaugural AD podcast with Direct or Athletics Joe Karlgaard. The podcast, which will be...
Golden! Rice Defeats San Jose State 2-1 In...
08/23/2015 - W. Soccer - The Rice soccer team rallied for a late goal in regulation before claiming a dramatic 2-1 double-overtime victory over visiting San Jose State...
Football Holds Second Scrimmage
08/22/2015 - Football - The Rice football team completed its second scrimmage of fall camp on Saturday, practicing for two hours at Rice Stadium.
Soccer Falls To No. 5 Texas A&M In Season-Opene...
08/22/2015 - W. Soccer - The Rice soccer team took a 2-1 advantage over visiting Texas A&M into the intermission, but the No. 5 ranked Aggies scored three second half goals...
Follow The Owls On Snapchat
08/26/2015 - W. Volleyball - Be sure and follow the Rice volleyball team on Snapchat for the upcoming 2015 season as each student-athlete will take turns capturing videos and...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store