The Women's Athletics Advisory Board ("WAAB") is a volunteer group formed to advise and support the Rice University Athletic Department in its efforts related to women's athletics.
- The WAAB supports Women's Athletics and the Rice Athletic Department in any way possible, with focus on 3 main areas:
- Public Relations
- Acting as a Sounding Board
The role of a WAAB member will include:
- Proposing ideas to the WAAB/SWA/Athletic Department for increasing funds raised for women's athletics
- Advocating for all sports programs at Rice University
- Attending advisory board meetings
- Attending athletic events
- Providing feedback in a timely manner when requested by Athletic Director, Associate Athletic Director, SWA or the advisory board
- Serving on a WAAB committee, as appropriate
- Supporting WAAB events through donation of time
- Liaising with and supporting women's teams and coaches
- Referring and/or recruiting new WAAB members
Ideal Women's Athletics Advisory Board members will possess the following characteristics:
- Enthusiasm for Rice Women's athletics
- Support of Rice Athletics through joining the Owl Club
- Consistent attendance at WAAB meetings, WAAB activities/events and Rice Women's Athletic sports events
- Membership recommendation and invitation by Senior Women's Administrator ("SWA") or Athletic Director
- A positive attitude
Benefits of joining the WAAB include:
- First-hand knowledge of Rice Athletics and association with the teams/school
- Camaraderie with other Rice Athletics supporters
- Parking passes for women's athletic events
- Benefits of the Owl Club at the membership level joined
For more information, please contact Lizzie Yoshida, 713-348-2864.
- Trivia Night - annual fall fundraising event
- Rice Golf Classic - annual golf classic held in the spring as a fundraising event for women's athletics. For more information please see following links: 2015 Rice Golf Classic|Registration Form |2015 Sponsorship Packages | 2014 Photo Gallery
- We Love our Lady Owls - special events scheduled around women's athletic games/competitions to help assist with the promotion of games/competitions and to support the student-athletes
Golf Earns Team Academic Award from GCAA
07/29/2015 - M. Golf - A week after a pair of golfers earned All-America Scholar honors, the Rice golf team earned All-Academic Team honors from the Golf Coaches...
Men's Basketball Earns NABC Team Academic...
07/29/2015 - M. Basketball - For the third consecutive year, the Rice men's basketball team earned the National Association of Basketball Coaches Team Academic Award, announced...
Volleyball Earns Seventh Consecutive AVCA...
07/29/2015 - W. Volleyball - For a seventh consecutive season the Owls volleyball squad received the Team Academic Award from the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA)...
Owls Partner with STRIVR on Virtual Reality...
07/28/2015 - Football - Rice Athletics has joined a select number of schools in taking a bold technological leap forward by partnering with STRIVR Labs on an immersive...
Warren Tabs Christensen as Assistant Coach
07/27/2015 - M. Track - Rice University men's track and field head coach Jon Warren announced on Monday the promotion of Brek Christensen to assistant coach.
Langley to Make Rice Coaching Debut at Kentucky
07/27/2015 - W. Basketball - Rice University head women's basketball coach Tina Langley announced the Owls non-conference schedule for the upcoming 2015-16 season on Monday.
Karakolis Takes Seventh at Pan American Games
07/24/2015 - M. Track - Junior thrower Evan Karakolis represented Canada and Rice University proudly by finishing seventh in the men's javelin final on Friday afternoon at...
Waite Hits World Championships Qualifying Mark
07/22/2015 - W. Track - Former Rice All-American distance runner Lennie Waite set a lifetime best and won the 3000m steeplechase race Thursday at the Karlstad Grand Prix...
- Top Videos /
- Online Store