The Women's Athletics Advisory Board ("WAAB") is a volunteer group formed to advise and support the Rice University Athletic Department in its efforts related to women's athletics.
- The WAAB supports Women's Athletics and the Rice Athletic Department in any way possible, with focus on 3 main areas:
- Public Relations
- Acting as a Sounding Board
The role of a WAAB member will include:
- Proposing ideas to the WAAB/SWA/Athletic Department for increasing funds raised for women's athletics
- Advocating for all sports programs at Rice University
- Attending advisory board meetings
- Attending athletic events
- Providing feedback in a timely manner when requested by Athletic Director, Associate Athletic Director, SWA or the advisory board
- Serving on a WAAB committee, as appropriate
- Supporting WAAB events through donation of time
- Liaising with and supporting women's teams and coaches
- Referring and/or recruiting new WAAB members
Ideal Women's Athletics Advisory Board members will possess the following characteristics:
- Enthusiasm for Rice Women's athletics
- Support of Rice Athletics through joining the Owl Club
- Consistent attendance at WAAB meetings, WAAB activities/events and Rice Women's Athletic sports events
- Membership recommendation and invitation by Senior Women's Administrator ("SWA") or Athletic Director
- A positive attitude
Benefits of joining the WAAB include:
- First-hand knowledge of Rice Athletics and association with the teams/school
- Camaraderie with other Rice Athletics supporters
- Parking passes for women's athletic events
- Benefits of the Owl Club at the membership level joined
For more information, please contact Lizzie Yoshida, 713-348-2864.
- Trivia Night - annual fall fundraising event
- Rice Golf Classic - annual golf classic held in the spring as a fundraising event for women's athletics. For more information please see following links: 2016 Rice Golf Classic|Rice Golf Classic |RGC sponsorships | 2014 Photo Gallery
- We Love our Lady Owls - special events scheduled around women's athletic games/competitions to help assist with the promotion of games/competitions and to support the student-athletes
PHOTO GALLERY: Brian Patterson Center Dedication
Owls Rally to Defeat UTEP in C-USA Opener
09/23/2016 - W. Volleyball - The Rice Owls volleyball team rallied from a 2-1 deficit to defeat the UTEP Miners in five sets (25-15, 22-25, 22-25, 25-11, 15-11) Friday evening ...
CUSA TV Makes Rice Stadium Debut on Saturday
09/23/2016 - Football - Live video coverage of Rice Football will enter a new phase on Saturday when the Owls game against North Texas is streamed live on CUSA TV by...
Owls Advance Nine of Ten in Invite Opener
09/23/2016 - W. Tennis - The Rice women’s tennis team opened its 2016 Fall tournament schedule by advancing nine of 10 entries to the winners bracket in singles and ...
Rice Blanks LA Tech Thursday Night 4-0
09/22/2016 - W. Soccer - The Rice soccer team jumped out to an early 2-0 lead and pulled away for a 4-0 shutout Conference USA road victory at Louisiana Tech Thursday night...
Varied Field Highlights Rice Invitational
09/22/2016 - W. Tennis - The Rice women’s tennis team will face a varied lineup of foes when they open their 2016 Fall tournament season by hosting the Rice...
Volleyball Opens C-USA Play This Weekend
09/22/2016 - W. Volleyball - The Rice Owls volleyball team closes out a nine-match homestand this weekend when the team opens up Conference USA play with a pair of matches...
Soccer Team Plays At LA Tech Thursday Night
09/21/2016 - W. Soccer - The Rice Soccer team is on the road for a Conference USA league match on Sept.22. The Owls play red-hot Louisiana Tech at 7 pm in Ruston, La.
- Top Videos /
- Online Store