The Women's Athletics Advisory Board ("WAAB") is a volunteer group formed to advise and support the Rice University Athletic Department in its efforts related to women's athletics.
- The WAAB supports Women's Athletics and the Rice Athletic Department in any way possible, with focus on 3 main areas:
- Public Relations
- Acting as a Sounding Board
The role of a WAAB member will include:
- Proposing ideas to the WAAB/SWA/Athletic Department for increasing funds raised for women's athletics
- Advocating for all sports programs at Rice University
- Attending advisory board meetings
- Attending athletic events
- Providing feedback in a timely manner when requested by Athletic Director, Associate Athletic Director, SWA or the advisory board
- Serving on a WAAB committee, as appropriate
- Supporting WAAB events through donation of time
- Liaising with and supporting women's teams and coaches
- Referring and/or recruiting new WAAB members
Ideal Women's Athletics Advisory Board members will possess the following characteristics:
- Enthusiasm for Rice Women's athletics
- Support of Rice Athletics through joining the Owl Club
- Consistent attendance at WAAB meetings, WAAB activities/events and Rice Women's Athletic sports events
- Membership recommendation and invitation by Senior Women's Administrator ("SWA") or Athletic Director
- A positive attitude
Benefits of joining the WAAB include:
- First-hand knowledge of Rice Athletics and association with the teams/school
- Camaraderie with other Rice Athletics supporters
- Parking passes for women's athletic events
- Benefits of the Owl Club at the membership level joined
For more information, please contact Lizzie Yoshida, 713-348-2864.
- Trivia Night - annual fall fundraising event
- Rice Golf Classic - annual golf classic held in the spring as a fundraising event for women's athletics. For more information please see following links: 2017 Rice Golf Classic|Rice Golf Classic
- We Love our Lady Owls - special events scheduled around women's athletic games/competitions to help assist with the promotion of games/competitions and to support the student-athletes
Golf Heads to Mexico for Querencia Cabo Collegiate
Men’s Hoops Hosts Louisiana Tech on...
02/24/2017 - M. Basketball - Rice will host its annual Senior Day this Saturday, Feb. 25, when it takes on Louisiana Tech in its final home game of the regular season. Tip-off ...
Schillinger & Swinney Win Individual Event...
02/25/2017 - W. Swimming - The Rice duo of Kaitlyn Swinney and Marie-Claire Schillinger both set records on their way to winning individual Conference USA event titles Friday...
Owls Fall Friday In Series-Opener, 8-4
02/24/2017 - Baseball - Visiting Southeastern Louisiana scored seven runs on just three hits in the top of the sixth inning to break a 1-1 game wide open in an 8-4 win...
Owls Blaze Through Day One of Blue Gray Action
02/24/2017 - M. Tennis - The Rice men’s tennis team got off to a blazing start on the first day of action at the 69th Blue Gray National Tennis Classic in Montgomery,...
Owls Roll to 6-1 Win Over Roadrunners
02/24/2017 - W. Tennis - Wendy Zhang did not drop a game in singles to spark the 23rd ranked Rice Owls to a 6-1 win over UTSA at the George R. Brown Tennis Center on Friday.
Baseball Hosts Southeastern Louisiana In...
02/23/2017 - Baseball - The Rice baseball team, ranked as high as No. 21 in the nation, hosts Southeastern Louisiana in its first weekend home series of the season Feb. 24...
Jensen Named C-USA Female Track Performer of...
02/24/2017 - W. Track - Rice junior distance runner Katie Jensen was named the Conference USA Female Track Performer of the Meet, the league office announced on Friday.
- Top Videos /
- Online Store