In support of the educational mission of Rice University - our mission is to guide and support Rice students in the pursuit of excellence - academically, athletically, and socially. Above all else, we produce difference-makers.
Five principles guide and govern our actions at all times and in all our affairs. They define "what we stand for" and "what we won't stand for." They include:
- Respect - We treat ourselves and those we serve with dignity, kindness and respect.
- Positive Attitude - We are forward-thinking. We approach our challenges and opportunities with a positive attitude. We enjoy what we do.
- Focus - We are focused on prioritizing and completing what's most important. We have a strong work ethic.
- Accountability - We set clear performance standards and are personally accountable for our actions. We know that we're an important part of a great team.
- Continuous Improvement - We are always looking for innovative and efficient ways to get things done.