Rice Owls Athlecics
Rice Owls Promos
2011 Gameday Central The R - A Rice Blog Owl Club Ask the AD Rice on Twitter Replay Photos 2007 Champions Book This Week at Rice Newsletter Rice Owls News
Berkman Comes Up Huge For Cardinals This Season
10/30/11 - By Joe Strauss, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Berkman's Bat Helps Cardinals Stay Alive
10/28/11 - The Associated Press

Cingrani Made Transitions Look Easy
10/27/11 - By Ashley Marshall, MiLB.com

From Foe to Friend for Cards' Berkman
10/20/11 - By Andrew Keh, The New York Times

Breaking Down Anthony Rendon's Swing
8/16/11 - By Adam Kilgore, The Washington Post

Despite injury, Klare could start for Rice next season
8/15/2011 - By Coy Slavik, Corpus Christi Caller-Times

After injuries, Jaguars receiver Jarett Dillard determined to make up for lost time
8/3/2011 - By Vito Stellino, Florida Times Union

Texans option tight end Casey into backfield
8/1/2011 - By David Dalati, FoxSportsHouston.com

Rice's Anthony Rendon Stands Wrists & Shoulders Above The Rest
7/25/11 - By Adam Kilgore, The Washington Post

Adam earns `Elite' honors
6/8/11 - By Joe Bailey, Santa Maria Times

Region golfer Drew Scott to caddy for Tiger Woods' replacement at U.S. Open
6/8/11 - By Sammy Batten, The Fayetteville Observer, N.C.

Going for the Gold
6/8/11 - By Jeremy Weber, Gonzales Inquirer

Politi at the U.S. Open: Michael Whitehead relishes role as Golfer Who Replaced Tiger Woods
6/8/11 - By Steve Politi, Star-Ledger

Whitehead, aka 'Tiger's replacement,' a hot topic
6/8/11 - By Ron Kroichick, San Francisco Chronicle

Meet Michael Whitehead, Tiger Woods's U.S. Open Replacement
6/8/11 - By Mike Wise, Washington Post

Owl, Cougar don't let rivalry impede friendship
6/8/11 - By Sam Khan, Jr., Houston Chronicle

Cingrani penning quite the revival
5/19/11 - By Joseph Duarte, Houston Chronicle

James Casey, an inspirational journey ... to a degree
5/13/11 - By Richard Justice, Houston Chronicle

Hallelujah Ozougwu
4/30/11 - By Steve Virgen, Daily Pilot

Palestine grad Cary wants to teach kids the path to success
3/22/11 - By JUSTIN RAINS, Palestine Herald Press

The Joe DiMaggio of College Baseball
2/16/11 - By Andy Gardiner, USA Today

Rice's standout freshman Jessica Kuster has been taking Conference USA by storm
2/12/11 - By Joseph Duarte, Houston Chronicle

Rice's 'Rudy' gives sports a good name
1/27/11 - By Richard Justice, Houston Chronicle

Local Punter Looks Ahead
1/12/11 - By Justin Wickersham , KNBN New Center 1, Rapid City

Cowboys' Garrett wants to see more of Sendejo
12/16/10 - By Thom Osborne, San Antonio Express-News

Pendleton excited to be with hometown Astros
12/13/10 - By Brian McTaggart / MLB.com

Janish ready to be Reds' everyday shortstop
12/13/10 - By Mark Sheldon / MLB.com

Rice alum Sendejo fulfills dream, signs with Cowboys
11/25/10 - By Thom Osborne, San Antonio Express-News

Pool's cue: Former Pearland player shines
11/25/10 - By Ted Dunnam, Pearland Journal

Klein Forest junior contributes on Rice defensive line
11/10/10 - By Michael Sudhalter, Champions Sun

Rice-Tulsa creates family feud at Randolph house
11/3/10 - By Joseph Duarte, Houston Chronicle

Hawaii Grown - Meredith Loves New Surroundings
9/22/10 - By Billy Hull, Honolulu Star-Advertiser

Michael Smith is about to visit a place where his deceased brother's memory is very much alive
9/9/10 - By Joseph Duarte, Houston Chronicle

Bailiff reunites with mentor, Texas' coach Brown
9/1/10 - By Richard Justice, Houston Chronicle

Rice's McGuffie is ready to run again
9/1/10 - By Kevin Robbins, Austin American Statesman

Rendon taking it slow with injury
8/26/10 - By Joseph Duarte, Houston Chronicle

Whitehead can't avoid pressure at the U.S. Amateur
8/23/10 - By Todd Hveem, Houston Chronicle

Owls' stocked backfield creates new challenge
8/21/10 - By Joseph Duarte, Houston Chronicle

McGuffie center of attention at Rice media day
8/7/10 - By Jeffrey Martin, Houston Chronicle

Texans jack-of-all-trades Casey growing more confident
8/7/10 - By Jordan Goodwin, Houston Chronicle

Andy Erickson Impresses in THSCA All Star Game
7/20/10 - By Rick Cantu, Austin American Statesman

Anthnony Rendon, 2010 Player of the Year
7/16/10 - By Aaron Fitt, Basaeball America

Tara Watts shone on and off the court at academic powerhouse Rice
6/14/10 - By Howard Tsumura, The Province

Rice, UH committed to C-USA
6/12/10 - By Jeffrey Martin, Houston Chronicle

Rice's Rendon can mash with the best of 'em
6/4/10 - By Kirk Bohls, Austin American Statesman

Ojala's return gives Rice a lift
6/4/10 - By Jeffrey Martin, Houston Chronicle

Rice Blog: What's in a name?
6/3/10 - By Jeffrey Martin, Houston Chronicle

Guerry in college tennis Hall of Fame
5/27/10 - By John Frierson, Chatanooga Times Free Press

Comerota's time at Rice big success
5/15/10 - By Richard Justice, Houston Chronicle

Ten shots with Rice basketball coach Ben Braun
5/13/10 - By Matt Samuels, Jewish Herald-Voice

Owls' Rendon one of a kind
5/5/10 - By Jeffrey Martin, Houston Chronicle

Owls' Rosa looks to end career with a bang
5/5/10 - By Jeffrey Martin, Houston Chronicle

Rice's Rosa has moment to savor
4/29/10 - By Dale Robertson, Houston Chronicle

New AD Greenspan ready for opportunity
4/14/10 - By Jeffrey Martin, Houston Chronicle

Michigan transfer Sam McGuffie happy to be back home at Rice
3/29/10 - By Andy Staples, SportsIllustrated.com

Former Owl Standout Guerry Elected to Collegiate Tennis Hall of Fame
2/25/10 - By B.B. Branton, The Chattanoogan

Rice a chip off the old block
2/20/10 - By Jeffrey Martin, Houston Chronicle

Rice starting to gain momentum
2/18/10 - By Eric Soderstrom, GolfWeek

Rice golf team living up to goals, ruling the city
2/17/10 - By Todd Hveen for the Houston Chronicle

Casey puts his mind to it, finds success
2/17/10 - By Richard Justice, Houston Chronicle

Wayne Graham Is Living Out His Dream
2/2/10 - By Michael Murphy, Baseball America

New class of Texas sports heroes
2/8/10 - By John Werner, Waco Tribune-Herald

Numbers tell Lance Berkman's success story
2/8/10 - By Brice Cherry , Waco Tribune-Herald

'Two Minute Tommy' had NFL future in his crosshairs
2/6/10 - By Jason Ortts, Waco Tribune

Schwarze Goes from Bench to Starting Lineup for Rice
1/21/10 - By Terry Jacoby, Chelsea Standard

Top 10 Stories from the Fall Season
1/4/10 - By Lance Ringler & Sean Martin, GolfWeek

Arsalan Kazemi breaks through, from Iran to Division I
11/27/09 - By Luke Winn, Sports Illustrated.com

The 2008 College World Series has come to a close for the Rice Owls. Thanks to all our great fans for your support, either from the stands in Omaha and Reckling Park or through your messages to the team. Let's do it again in 2009!

Byron (Austin): Way to go Owls! THE elite team in college baseball plays for it all again. Maybe this year I'll make it to Omaha.

Timothy Faust (Wisconsin): You guys had me biting my nails. I sat in my dark Madison apartment and stared at Gametracker and listened to ktru because ESPN pulled the game from its scheduled ESPN2 slot. My roommates thought I was stupid, but you pulled through! I love Rice Baseball. RICE! FIGHT! NEVER DIE!

Will Z. (Houston): Owls, good luck in Omaha. Your team is on fire and nobody can beat you right now you are on a streak. Whoever plays yall better watch out because yall are the most scrappy team in baseball. P.S. Nice homer Zornes.

Rob Z: Go Owls, Beat the cover off the ball in CWS ! Great win tonight.!

Dominguez Family (Tyler): We are proud of the winning tradition you've established and of the high ideals you've shown in doing so. GO OWLS! See you in Omaha!

Stephen Rooke/Sammy (Denver): Congratulations Rice Owls! Sammy is cheering you on and will see you this weekend!

Roman (DC): Congratulations! Way to keep fighting Owls! Bring home the championship!

Rob (Houston): You guys rock! You even have my wife excited about college baseball, and she's a Canadian citizen who doesn't care much for sports. Best of luck in Omaha.

RiceGator (Orlando): Way to go, Owls - 5-0 to become the undisputed Texas State Champions! 5 more to bring it all home! Go Owls!

Jon (Gonzales): 3 years in a row!!!!!! Way to go, Owls!

Larissa (Washington, DC): Way to go guys! At least one Owl in DC will be watching! Good Luck!

Gina Cafagna Manning (Dallas): Go Rice Owls Baseball! Once again, you are the pride of Rice Athletics. Good luck.

Diane, Richmond, TX: You're so great and in 2003, we(my family)saw you take it all in Omaha! It's time to do it again! Congrats!

Raymore, MO`: Great series in the Super Regionals.Wishing you success in Omaha

Jacy (Houston): Go Owls! Bring home another one!

Norm (Meyerland): Next Stop Owlmaha! Go Owls. Good Luck in the CWS.

Andy Arenson '92 (Indianapolis): Go get 'em boys. You're a class act.

Ann (Houston): Congratulations Owls! I'll see you in Omaha.

Prudence (Houston): GO OWLS!!!! You guys are amazing. Good luck in Omaha!

Tom Hiser (Houston-West Africa): Way to go Owls!!!! Looking forward to some great games and a championship in Omaha!

Corey (Austin): Ending the seasons of the Longhorns and now the Aggies makes this CWS journey all the sweeter! Way to step up, and we're looking forward to watching y'all celebrate a second championship! Go Owls!

NEAL (HOUSTON: GO OWLS BRING IT HOME GO JP

Betty Bixby (Houston): Congratulations to the players and coaches of the best baseball team in the Lone Star State. See you in Omaha! Go Owls!

ISQUIERDO FAMILY: CONGRATS! YALL PULLED THHROUGH. GOOD LUCK IN OMAHA!!!!!!

Trent: growing up in the SWC era, never pictured the Owls being a superpower, let alone taking out the Aggies. Again. Unbelieveable

john Lederer: Clutch performance,again! C u in Omaha!

Sarah '98 (London): Congratulations Owls! I'll be watching/listening to the CWS in the wee hours of the morning here in London if necessary. Good luck in Omaha!

Karen (London): Way to go Owls! We will be watching you all the way to the championship!

Bonnie Wooldridge (Rice 1944), Houston: Let's go Owls, and do it AGAIN in Omaha!

Adam Williams '00 (New York City): Congrats Owls, way to come back and win! Best of luck in Omaha!

Joey Olivier (North Carolina): Could it be any sweeter, eliminating UT and aTm on the road to Omaha??? Yes it could: knock out North Carolina (especially since I live there!)

Mark: Watched you win it also in 2003, will be their again this year. Congrats, Good Luck from La grange,Tx.

Mimi '64 (McLean, VA): Good luck in Omaha - keep up the fighting spirit. You're doing a great job!

Mary Ann (Wash, DC): I LOVE that you beat the Aggies two straight to get to Omaha! We're pulling for you to go all the way.

David (San Antonio): You continue to make this university very proud. Got get it in Omaha!

Gilligan (Island): The professor rigged up some coconuts so we could get some internet access - way to go Owls! We'll try to follow you through Omaha too!

Becky '95 (Austin): Congratulations! We were lucky to see you guys play in Austin earlier in the season. We will be cheering from home via KTRU on the internet. Go Rice!

John Will '57, Burleson: Way to show grit! A comeback against the Aggies isn't easy, but you DID IT! Now on to Omaha and a World Series win!

Bob (Omaha): Omaha's Rice fans welcome you back!

Mishcka (Los Angeles): Terrific Win! Beak 'em in Omaha!

Guy (Wimberley): Go Owls. Bring home the trophy!

Nick (Greenville): Good work Owls. The Heels are looking forward to seeing you in Omaha!

Caelligh (Orlando): Good job, Owls! Stay strong, and win us another NC!

Amy (Houston): Congratulations on your big win!! You are such a classy group of young men and are a great inspiration to my 6 year old son. Good luck in Omaha!!!!!!!

Bryan (Houston): It's been a great ride so far, Owls. You have fans following every game all over the world. We are all very proud of you. Keep taking care of bidness and your fans are right behind you. GO RICE GO!!!!!

Britt (Phoenix): Awesome job! My husband is an ASU grad so I'm hoping you'll beat ASU in Omaha.

lexx (lafayette): way to go owls play hard in omaha its R time now show em what college baseball is about

Rick (Moscow): Go Rice! Good luck at the CWS!

Jungman (Houston): Great Regional and Super Regional. Good luck in Omaha.

Bob Reinhold (Houston): Congratulations, guys. You are truly a TEAM. Everyone had a part in getting us to Omaha. Good luck and keep it going.

Jenn (Houston): I'm so excited for you all, and proud to be a brand new Rice alum! Congratulations and I'll be there to celebrate when you bring back the championship!

Jeff (Austin): Great job Owls. My 9-year-old is so excited to see you all on TV, he says he wants to pitch for Rice when he goes to college. We're behind you 100% all the way in Omaha. Congratulations!

rhys (houston): My mama typed this for me, but I said it myself: Go Owls!

Liz Referente: Great job! Go OWLS!

Jeff (Bethesda, MD): Congratulations, Owls! Great job on staying at the top of the college baseball game. Kick some tail in Omaha and bring home another championship!

Alex '08: Good work! Top to bottom, this is a team that can WIN. Can't wait to watch in Omaha!

Joey (Denver) Sid 89': Strong work Owls! Way to hang tough and pull through. Dominate in Omaha. Good Luck

James (Niceville): Yeah Owls! I watched the entire Miami/Arizona game just to see Rice highlights, and it switched over just in time for the double play and the win! Go Owls! Yeah Diego and DWatt!

Glen & Joannie (Tiki Island): To borrow a comment made to us by CDC last night, "There is no better place for your annual vacation than Omaha". Good luck Guys and see everyone in Omaha in a couple of days.

Jay (Houston, 1969): Wayne Graham, you continue to make us old-timers proud. Team, you young guys one more time have made us old guys proud to be alumni. Go get'em in Omaha!

Steve Jackson - Albuquerque: Fantastic!

Cathy (Houston): Way to go, Rice! Bring home the championship.

WilksFamily Behind the Dugout: Fantastic Job By the Entire Roster. Top To Bottom. Rock 'em in Omaha

Mallory (Washington, DC): Nicely done guys! Good luck in Omaha!

Chuck (Sugar Land): Fantastic! Great Games! You have no idea how much fun I have the next day pointing out your great games to all the Teasips and Aggies in the office!!!!

O.J. (OKC): Way to go Owls! I hope you're having as much playing these games as I am getting to watch you. Best of luck in Omaha!

Pauline (NW Houston): Way to go guys!!! It sure was hot out there at the field watching you play some serious ball, but it sure was worth it. Enjoyed every minute!!!

Gehrig (Kansas City): Enjoyed an Owl vacation in Houston the last two weekends, guys...1st time in Reckling. But I'm always in Omaha. Proud of your great performances. Cya next weekend. Let's Go Rice!

Donni and Bob Toone (Union Hall, VA): Way to go Owls !! Best of luck at the CWS !! We'll be watching and cheeriing...

Craig Cousins (Wiess '94 - Kingwood): Way to go Owls! We alumni are walking a bit taller this week. Have a great trip to Omaha and bring us home another ring!

Cordelia (Houston): Way to go yall, knew you could do it once again!

Julie Platek (Missouri City, Tx): Congratulations, Coach Graham and the Owls! Go Jimmy Comerota from your Hightower fans!

The Andres Pittsburgh, PA: Congrats Owls, we love you all and will be cheering you on in Omaha. Love you all especially RB our nephew.

Brady (Austin): Congrats and good luck in Omaha!

steve(framingham,mass): great job owls-and wayne keep those pitchers coming to the red sox

Leslie (Houston): It has been fun watching you guys all season- and now on to OWLMAHA! You are true Champions.

Dan McCormick (Tucson, AZ): Go Owls! The Sullivan jinx is officially over.

Joyce Hardy (Houston): I'm stuffing my trunk with bubblegum, guys, I hope you use it all this year. Thanks for another Rice rollercoaster ride to Omaha.

Mike (St. Louis): Go Rice Owls! Congrats on another trip to Omaha. Once again we play David to everyone's Goliath!

The Skoes (Bay Area): Congratulations, Owls! Good luck in the CWS!!

Walt (Chicago): A well-earned congratulations for your perservence and resilience all you long. You're the empitome of T.E.A.M., and terrific representatives and ambassadors of the University. Bring it home in Omaha, but even more important, enjoy yourselves and savor the experience. Go Owls!

Mary C., Austin: Congratulations Owls!!! Well done and good luck in Omaha!!!!

Richard Hibbard (Baker 76): Way to go team, looking forward to watching you at Omaha.

Vicki (Houston): Great baseball weekend. Excellent ballplayers and ballgames. Way to go Owls!!!! Congratulations

B. Brooke Mann (Louisville, CO): I got home last night just in time to see the double-play that ended the game. So cool! GOOD LUCK in Omaha!

Adam (San Francisco): Congrats from the California Republic, we're rooting for you even all the way out here. Now to figure out how to get to Omaha...

John Polking, Houston: It's been a wonderful season so far. We've enjoyed (almost) every minute of it. Hope you will continue to do so well in Omaha. Wish I were going to be there.

Graham '11 (Omaha): Way to make back to my hometown, Owlmaha. Come stop by my house!

Larry Stuppy (Southern California): Nice job sweeping through the series. Way to take out the big Texas schools to get to the World Series. Will be following you through to the World Series. Go Rice

Laura Overstreet Biering, '88 (Atlanta): Great comeback, guys! Way to show 'em what you're made of! Let's go all the way!

Danny Driver '99 (Dallas): Congrats on the CWS 3 years in a row. Bring it home boys..

Phil (Colorado): I was there in Long Beach, and I'll be there through the last game in Owlmaha. May the "last" game this year be the "FINALS."

Jennifer S. (Houston): Way to go!

Tanner Kalina '10 (Dallas): Congrats to my Owls! Can't wait until I'm an Owl going to Omaha!

Ed Blocher 66': Go Owls! You guys are terrific!

Sandra Bryant (Rice 1969): Congratulations!!! My husband and I enjoyed watching the exciting games of the super regional and the regionals. You all are winners!

MJ and Hugh (Houston): We love Omaha and cheering for the Owls there! Such a great regional and super regional! Congratulations!

Da.Owl / Houston: This year's motto is: REFUSE TO LOSE ! GO OWLS !!

Y. Ping Sun (Houston): Congratulations! We are so proud of you! Good luck in Omaha!

S Hartman '91 (Corpus): Being an old football player I love to see the owls beat u.t and a&m. All the way!!!

Tom Brooks, Plano: Great fun to watch! You are the best team in Texas (no small feat!). Now show 'em you're the best in the nation!

Tom '83 (Phoenix): I actually upgraded my cable package so I could watch you guys on ESPNU this weekend. Thanks for making it worthwhile! Keep it up in Omaha!

Meghan: Go Rice!! Awesome job this weekend, and good luck in Omaha!

Dan(Austin): Nice Job Rice! Congratulations on going to Omaha! Now,bring home the Title!

M. Watts '02 (San Francisco): Congrats! We'll be cheering you on from San Francisco - it's been a few years since 2003 and we'd love to celebrate winning it all again!

Ken(Houston)-'80: Bring it home for us guys. We're all really proud of you. Go Owls!!!!!

Mike (San Francisco): Nice work. Stay strong.

Ricky(Houston): Congrats OWLS!!! Good Luck in Omaha! Always remember: RICE! FIGHT! NEVER DIE!

Houston: Dog Pile scheduled for June 24th - BE THERE!!!

TFW (Frisco): Way to go Owls! We are all proud of you and the effort you have put into this year. Now you have earned what you worked for and are on the way to Omaha. Here's to finishing off the season the way you have envisioned it!

Sharon(Houston): Great job by all, keep it going and bring the Championship back to Rice in '08. GOOD LUCK IN OMAHA!!!!

Joe Racina (Houston): Great job Owls!! CWS...that's what you play for all year long. Be confident, be aggresive and WIN!

Bonnie (Pasadena): Shall I say, "Awesome!" - you make me proud!

Nancy (Houston): Omaha bound -- I can't wait. Way to go, Owls! I'll see you there.

Harding (San Antonio): I had a great time watching y'all beat A&M in person Saturday and on ESPN2 Sunday. I'm looking forward to more clutch hitting and electrifying victories in Omaha!

Kevin(Southern Miss fan): Good luck!!! Make C-USA PROUD as you always do!!!!!

Katie Meyer Hiller (Kansas): Way to go Owls! You make us Rice grads proud! My family and I will be there cheering you on. Good luck!!!!

Huffman: Great job Owls gigging the Aggies. Hope you win at the World Series.

Paul Holser '92 (Dallas): Poise, skill, class...Make it happen in Owlmaha.

Steve G (Houston): What a thrilling victory Sunday night was. I yelled so loud at Zorne's home run, I triggered a glass break sensor on my home alarm two rooms away. Great game both to Rick Hague and Adam Zornes as well the relievers (Price, Bell) who shut down the Aggies. Let's see the Owls go 5-0 in Omaha!

Travis (Bastrop): hey i watched yall beat a&m that was a good game our baseball team is going to omaha see yall their

Chris (Austin): Congrats Owls! Let's bring home another Championship so all us alum's can have our own living room dogpiles, just like 2003! GO RICE!

Mike (Tempe): Rice is NICE!

Haley (Houston): Way to go owls!!! See you in owlmaha!!!

Anne (Houston): Way to go Owls!! You never make it easy, but you are so good. Looking forward to Omaha.

Joe & Bev Kimmel (Houston): Way to go guys. You have provided great entertainment for us all season long. Go get them in Omaha! We'll be there to cheer you on!

Phlip (H-Town): Great job! Congrats to all players, coaches, and staff. I absolutely LOVE it when we beat the Horns or the Ags, so eliminating them both is simply AWESOME! Good luck in Omaha, GO RICE!

Houston: What a thrill to watch you guys play! Good luck at the CWS! Thanks again, Jimmy and Mark, for what you did for the Praying Rice Owls.

Bill Kazmierski (Detroit, MI): Congrats guys! I came to all the region/super regional games, and I never doubted you for a minute. Good luck in Omaha!

Alex (Austin): Congratulations to a fantastic team! Go Owls!

Fresno: Congratulations Owls on your season, regional and Super Regional. When we meet Sunday, please take it easy on us. Remember, we shouldn't even be there.

Deer Park - Anthony: Classy Team, Classy School. Way to go guys. You make Houston proud. Coach Graham's team always seems to come through.

Yesle(Boston): Yay Owls!!!! i'm so excited about Saturday!!!!

Roberta Anding: As Rice faculty, I am so proud of this team both on the field and in the class room. Eat well men and hydrate! Have a great time in Omaha!

Tyler (Decatur): I'm only twelve, but I've been a die hard Owls fan since last year. It's great to see them back where they belong. Congrats to Everyone!

Burrell Hill (Houston): Go Owls!! Bring the CWS trophy home to Houston where it belongs.

Ehlinger's (Omaha, NE): Welcome to Omaha! Let's hope the only storms you encounter here on Sunday are the raining of Owl baseballs over the fence. Looking forward to seeing the GAMES!

sheridan (h-town) (class of 2018): way to go owls!! i totally loved the win against those burnt-orange lovin' longhorns. way to beat the aggies for a second year in a row. good luck in owlmaha...wish i could be there (: i've had season tickets since 2001 and this has been the most exciting season for sure. good luck!!

Alex '11 (The Woodlands): Good luck OWLS!!!!

The Ottmer Family (Bellville, TX): Congrats on a SUPER season! Hope to be watching you in the FINALS this year! Jess..wish we could be there with you! Allie will be watching for you on TV. Love Ya!

Susan (Bellaire): Congrats to the player and coaches. GO OWLS and Happy Father's Day to all the Rice Dads out there!

Daichmans (Mass): GO OWLS!! Hi Coach Hallmark, we will be watching today! Happy Fathers day!!!

Joanne F.: CONGRATULATIONS, Owls! All the way to the Championship!

Tyler, TX: We may be down 11-0, but let's give the media something to write about when we come back and bring home the hardware! RP '06

Tracey Wanek, Omaha: Want to send a big Omaha THANK YOU to the team and coaches for dropping in to see the Omaha Rice Owls this past Saturday. My son is the catcher for that team, and was struck speechless at your appearance. There aren't words to tell you how much that meant to all the boys. I keep hearing how Rice is The Class Act of baseball, and I'm certainly a believer. Thank you for making time for our boys. You inspired dreams this weekend.

Michelle (WRC 87): Go Owls! That was a tough loss, but you are a gutsy, talented, resilient group (especially Adam) and you will play hard tomorrow. Regardless of the outcome, we are proud of you for a great year, for your enduring class and sportsmanship, and for making it to Omaha again. Go Owls – beat the Tigers!

Kathy (Houston): I have always been so proud of Rice's never say die attitude. Here is one more chance to show the world what Rice is made of. Good luck and congratulations on a great season!

Steve K - Lovett '80 (Houston): Time to light up those bats and show those Tigers what you are made of!! As long as I can re-arrange my schedule for tomorrow afternoon, I plan to be cheering from Ernie's

Jeff (Austin): We're proud of you, Owls, and best of luck against the Tigers! Keep fighting and know we're with you all the way.

Robert Hosemann (Oakalnd, CA): Go Owls! You've kept the banner of sports/academics flying high!

Ian Denning (Houston): Go Owls!! Beat the Tigers!!! We know you can do it!!!!

Alex Johnson '78, '81 (Houston): Keep at it guys. A great season so far.

Gary Preuss (Austin): You guys play the best with "backs against the wall". Just keep winning and the national championship is there.

Cathy (Houston): It's alright Owls, we know you can do it tomorrow against LSU. We're behind you all the way. RICE FIGHT NEVER DIE!

Catherine '89 (Kansas): Go Owls!!!

Sugar Land: It ain't over til its over ... and it AIN'T OVER!!! stick it to LSU!!! planning to come see y'all in the championship games!!! GO OWLS!!!

Sezer Family (Portland, TX): Go Owls! You have done it in the past. You can do it again!!! Good Luck!

Greg H. '70 (Houston): Rice fight never dies! Go get 'em owls!

Iowa Owl (Cedar Falls): Good Luck guys...

Green Bay, WI: Go OWLS! We're supporting you from up north.

Milton Shaw '74 (Kerrville): Win or lose, we are behind you. Just go out and have fun, and the winning will come.

Lou Ann (The Woodlands): Very impressed with the way Ryan handled the press yesterday – but I’m betting the “sophomore slump” is over. Make him pitch again next week guys! Go Owls!

Betty Bixby, Houston: My daughter and I will be in the Rosenblatt stands cheering you on. We know you can do it. Go Owls!

G. Gray (Dallas): Where can I get that Texas flag t-shirt with the Rice "R" in place of the star? I saw it on the game on Sunday with fresno.

Steve (Papillion, NE): My Dad likes LSU and says Rice is done, but I tell him NO WAY!! Please help me out....send LSU home and keep the Owls' spirit alive.... a fan since even before 2003!

Rice Mom (Houston): Keep your chin up today and play their socks off. You can do anything!

Jim (Naperville, IL): Great job on the year you've had. Relax today and go out to have fun. You have the talent and just need to enjoy the game.

Matt Vee (Norfolk, Va): Great Job knowing i've only watched you play only once live 11years out of my 16 and i expected this. congrats and go get em OWLS

Nancy (Housotn): Another NCAA World Series! WOW! Go OWLS! You can do it!

Bre (Omaha): I am definitely your biggest fan here in Omaha and more than likely always will be!! Great try out there today!

Walt (Omaha): A lousy way to end a great year, to be sure, but if you look at how all the games are going this year up here, nothing makes much sense. In the end, the fact that will never change is that you came to Omaha three straight years....look at all the teams who would trade places with you....it doesn't make it easier to swallow, but you will always have the accomplishment....Omaha is sad to see you go, and Omaha is ready for you to keep coming back....you do it the right way, Rice.....

Blake (Pearland): I wish that summer had not started last night, but no matter what, I am proud to be a Rice baseball fan....and so happy that no matter what the Cougars in my neighborhood say about the C-USA Tournament, I can shut them up with three letters...C W S Go Owls!!!!

Chris (Houston): Always hate to see a season end...Good luck to the seniors and those who are going to start their pro careers... You made us proud and will continue to do so....you incoming freshmen have a great legacy to maintain.....

Jeff (Baytown): The worst thing of all???? Now the only baseball in the city is the Astros.....well, at least we can enjoy the efforts of our Owls on the team.

Steven (Houston): Owls Always!
Rice